Subway workers

Discussion in 'General' started by mushroomsatsuji, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Exactly how much training do you get on that nuclear accelerator you call a toaster?

What do I need to say to get my sub actually toasted? I dont want it warmed or just the cheese melted, I want it crispy fucking toasted. I want the edged god damned burnt. This concept seems to fly a thousand feet above every one of those idiots head.

I say extra toasted, I get 5 extra seconds. That doesnt fucking do anything! I was told to say I want the double meat setting. Now I get looks like I actually want more meat on my sub.

Is there a lost in translation thing going on here, or do they have no fucking clue what they're doing?

2. I'd chock it up to apathy.

3. Mostly teenagers, getting paid minimum wage...they could give a shit less, lol.

That's why I rarely go out to eat anymore.

4. this is one of the many reasons i dont go to subway.

5. My cousin used to work at subway. They have no fucking clue.

6. tell them... i want my sub toasted. I want it crispy. I want it burned on the god damn edge. I want my sub TOASTY :smoke:

7. For me, its middle aged foreign people
    *10 extra seconds*

8. Go to Quiznos.

9. That's why Quizno's > Subway.

10. say..

listen bitch i know your not used to this shit but... leave it in there for an extra 40 seconds. :smoke:

11. They've been lacking in the toasting as well...plus they killed my favorite sub:(

12. There are 2 subways in my area...one hires dumbass teenage workers and the other hires immigrants. When I go to the one with the dumbass teenagers it takes them like 5 minutes to make me a sub and it's shitty, cold and like you said hardly toasted. When I go to the immigrant one the service is so fast, the subs are actually toasted and the ingredients fresh. People wonder why they give all the jobs to the immigrants...because they give a shit.

13. i walked in last time for a job application and the dude was turned around scratchin his ass. its all bad there man

14. My Subway handles their business properly.
    I actually go there for lunch quite often.

15. Does anybody know about

[​IMG]

my mom used to own one.. got free subs everyday with fresh baked bread and yeaaaaaah. It was fucking awesome, tasted so good with the fresh cheesy bread omg :smoke:

16. I live in New England, we know how to make a damn fine Grinder. I usually don't hit the chains. I have a mom & pop store down the road, and my God, do they know how to make a tasty sammich.

17. Do you have Firehouse Subs down there? That place has been pretty decent in my experience. Been awhile since I've been to one though, can't remember if they toast or not.

18. you realize you can be VERY specific when it comes to your food.

they can hum and hah for as long as they want, your the customer so your always right.

Walk in and actually tell them how you want your sub cooked, being that i worked there a while i tell them specific things and they do it.

and im one specific subway eater lol.

19. Im pretty sure theres one around here, but Im not sure exactly where it is.

Im honestly not sure how much more specific I need to be, other than walking around the counter, taking their hand, and pushing the right button for them

I just spent a few minutes trying to explain what I meant by toasted. He had to wait for his help because he just couldnt fucking get it. Then I had to explain it to her. Guess what happened then.

20. Go to another Subway?

I know that the grocery store near my house makes some dank ass sandwiches. Totally blows Subway and Quiznos out of the water and you only pay like $1 something extra than you would at Subway. For a BIGGER sandwich with more meat and cheese and veggies that are super fresh.