Suboxone after taking OC last night - okay? or withdrawal catalyst?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by NFloyd2357, Dec 6, 2009.

1. I know you can't take OC while on suboxone, but someone told me you can't take Subs a certain amount of time after taking OC... is this true? If so, am i good to take a 1/4 of a sub now after taking like 70ish mg of OC around 9 last night

2. Im no expert

but..i read subs are only for when you get "bad" WD's and thats when you consume some sub.

NOt sure if thats how it works, but just my two cents.

3. it is for withdrawals - thats part of the reason im asking. I've been kind of going back and forth between opiates and then the suboxone - i dont wanna waste what little bit i have left. Plus i know that when you can't combine them, it just makes the withdrawals 10 times worse, which i dont wanna do

4. well are you trying to quit OC or are you just taking subs for when you get wds?

5. im actually trying to get off benzos/avoid benzo withdrawals so ive been switching between opiates and klonopin.

this is like my third attempt at getting of benzos and its been the most succesful actually - i havent been doing opiates too much - just enough to help me function on the days when i really feel shitty. i dno, long story i guess

6. Oh I was under the impression that sub is to help people with WD's but just from opiate addictions.

If no one replies, try the official opiate appreciating thread. Plenty people lurk there

7. snort a quarter of sub please i am telling you, and u will be fine! I been doing em for monthes straight!

8. after about 5 months of near everyday black tar use the WDs are getting insane, and I just cant do it alone anymore... Whats your guys best recommendation for getting Suboxone?

9. #9 s w i s h e r, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009

google and find a suboxone licensed doctor. if youre in the SF bay area, i suggest going to Fort Help...they're really really nice and understanding, and they dont do UAs or give a shit about smoking weed for that matter. just visit the doctor visibly sick and theyll ask you some questions and be 100% honest, after-all their job is to save your life:hello: (most are, what are you addicted to/any other drugs/allergies/etc etc). its really not difficult to get suboxone at all. youll get your script and your pills the day of your appointment...though, it is EXPENSIVE...depending on how much you get paid, and how often...expect more than half of your check to go straight to the docs/pharmacy...i had to pay a $250 induction fee...then $99 to see the doctor and get your script...then the pills were $5.50/each at the pharmacy. and they rarely prescribe less than 20...so you can do the math. anything else just PM me...i would like to help you:smoking:

edit: one thing I HATE about the system, however, is that you NEED to see the doctor every 2 weeks, and if you can't they wont put you in the program. and if you get in and for whatever reason aren't able to see them as often as they'd like, they can kick you out!! for me it was a huge problem because of my work hours, 6:30am-2:00/3:00pm monday-saturday. my only day off is Sunday, and of course the doctors aren't there sundays...and the latest any doctor is in is usually 1pm!!! its so fucked up, thats the main reason i kept jumping from using and not using...i'd use when my suboxone ran out, cause ill be damned if a mofucka is sick for even 1 day...its a fucked up feeling yall

10. go ask your doctor man. If you confess to him that you are a drug addict and needing to quit. I'm pretty sure they'll help you get a script for suboxone.

EDIT: Well swisher got to me first. but fuck its a lot better advice, this guy knows his shit

11. I'm sure you've made your decision by now so how did it go?

Ideally you want to wait at least 24 hours after last dose of any short acting opi. Like highdayz said, you are supposed to wait until you can't really bear the w/d's anymore.

Good luck kicking your two habits. Both of those are rough. Stay strong man.

12. be on the streets n live a different side of life for a little while and you learn important information real quick...

13. It means a lot to me man, n I know you know your shit about opiates cus Ive read a lot of your posts about it.. Im at the point where I want to stop, but Id love to keep going, but if the WDs get any worse I might literally go insane, so I think it's time to get out while I have a sliver of a chance.. If I have to stop bud for drug tests it's gonna be way harder.. $5.50 a pill is steep.. Then again so is spending $50-$100 a day on dope...

anyone who is thinking opiates are the way to go, please just DONT..... it's magical and economical for a couple months, then you start becoming a slave.. The WDs make you want to scream n start crying, n some people like myself get so down from it that suicidal thoughts are very overwelming..

Looks like the nearest clinic is about 45 mins away, thats going to suck if I have to go every 2 weeks...

Thankyou so much for your help though, I gotta spread some rep, but Ill get it to you eventually