Subliminal messages

Discussion in 'General' started by mushroomsatsuji, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Do you think they work?

2. If they don't why ban them?

I think they've been 'proven' not to work though.

3. must eat cheetos

4. Of course they work, on idiots.

5. Yeah I thought so too.

I think it would much easier just to play with our fears to gt us to buy things compared to subliminal messages.

6. Why do supermarkets put milk all the way in the back? Because it's the item that most people buy when they go to the supermarket so they have to walk past all this other crap that they might not need but they will buy anyway because of the colors of the packaging, the smell of bread baking, the music playing, etc. It might not be the subliminal messaging you were talking about but companies have been brainwashing us to buy shit since birth.

7. I ask because I came across some software that flashes certain phrases on your screen. I have heard of old movie theaters flashing pictures of popcorn and sodas on the screen and they saw a rise in sales. Im wondering if it is actually possible to influence a persons mood through this technique

8. i remember there used to be a sony store in the providence place mall. they had this thing that made the whole store (and consiquently some of the outside) smell like apple pie. this would apprently lure people into the store by smell. i learned this from my phsycology teacher senior year in highschool and it makes sense but i don't know if any of it all works in the way it was suppost to, if you know what i mean..

9. Yeah I'm sure it works because its meant to captivate a person and then almost naturally cause a sparked interest

and if you compare it to other forms of advertising its definitely one of the better ones to appeal to a wider range of people as well

10. In pretty much all the supermarkets in my town the first thing you come across is milk and veggies. The shit they put in the back is soft drinks, light alcoholic beverages and toothpaste :p.

Also: James Vicary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. and what's in the front? usually the fresh baked goods and bread and cookies and all that..

12. I know which program you're talking about. It wouldn't hurt to try it, would it?

I believe, that, in order for subliminal messaging to work like it's suppose to.. one has to be in a 'hypnotic' state of mind.

13. i smoked this weed one time, and every conversation id get into and memory blank during it was like "SMOKE MARIJUANA" in a serious voice would pop into my head like thats what i was about to say.

14. I found it looking on downloads.com. Its called "Subliminal Blaster"

I dont think it would hurt unless they are sneaking other phrases like "Kill everyone". Im testing it out today to see if I feel any different

15. If a store smelled like apple pie, I would probably walk into it... :D

16. You can slow the processing speed down so you can actually see the words. There is nothing in there except uplifting messages. Also, I don't think one day is going to set a difference. Give it a week or so before you decide. :)

17. I probably will give it a month to make sure. Its not bothering me and it doesnt take much memory.

Its been going for about an hour now

I also love how I can add my own phrases :D

18. Haha i always thaught they put all the cold shit like milk and icecream at the back so that you get the cold stuff last and it doesnt melt/warm up :(