Sublime

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by specialwaffles, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Geez it seems like there isn't much love for this band on this forums. I mean hell Bradley Nowell is the fucking man, how could you not love it? He lays down the tightest rhymes while at times sounds so soulful. And he has a great rhythm section backing him up with Bud and Eric. Anyone else agree? :hello:

2. I like sublime, The ballad of johnny butt was always a good song

3. Garden Grover and Under My Voodoo is where it's at, man. Sublime is amazing. Get Ready is also a classic smokin' song. Sublime is definitely one of my favourite bands.

4. We sold some mushroom tea, we sold some extasy, we sold nitrous, opium, acid, heroine, and PCP
    and now I hear the police coming after me!

Brad was the fuckin man! best white bo to ever walk the earth!
    Sublime is the bees knees!

5. have you noticed the 300 people with the 40 0z to freedom album cover avatar

6. true dat

7. there are actually a few sublime threads man. I know i started one and so did another person since, you would make 3.

Sublime is just sucj a sick band, such a diverse sound in the songs. Bradleys words were more like poetry that singing a song, he would tell a story. "What I Got" is by far one of the best songs by the band. "Life is too short so love the one ya got" think about this quote and actually realise what it means. Live life to its fullest, dont get caught down and die lonely. anyways much love for sublime from this stoned guy,,,, peace

8. Hell yes! I f*cking love Sublime! Their songs are so uplifting, What I Got always reminds me to stop the anger just love everyone and everything and let it come back to you. It makes the world a happier place.

9. #9 Codone, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
    Anyone who understands the difficulty of the songs that Sublime played along with the uniqueness of Brad Nowell is a step above others.

This man was a genius. He combined so many forms of music to create a one-of-a-kind band that was a treat to listen to.

Brad played from his soul and I really regret that he died because I would of loved to see him play live.

Watch videos of Bradley play "Poolshark." His emotions flowed when he performed this song; he knew that someday, those lyrics would come true, and they unfortunately did.

10. Lets Go Get Stoned is an amazing song,ı always listen it when ı'm high.

11. #11 CuT iT OuT, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
    I love Sublime so much. I guess it is just right up my alley.

His lyrics really show he had some interesting things going on in his life.

Not positive if it is true, but I have heard he use to sell all of his stage equipment before shows to afford drugs. Then he would make his manager buy it all back so they could still play the show.

The lyrics to Pool Shark are really sad by the way. I love how Sublime is just so real.

12. One of the most overrated bands of all time? Yes.

But, Sublime are still good, despite all the over hyping of them that goes on.

13. ^^ I know what you are saying. The didn't even hit it that big until after Bradley Nowell died. The death of someone in a band always seems to contribute to an overwhelming amount of hype.

14. Most certainly not. Three songs on the radio? Maybe four if your lucky? Sublime isn't as well known or rated as you think.

I guarantee there are as few bands like Sublime, no matter what the genre. Brad sang from passion, and soul and deep down. Sublime IS music. Bands/Rappers like 50 are overrated, and in my opinion destroying music.

15. You can't compare 50 to Sublime, Sublime made music, 50 is a popstar. You can't compare an actual band to a studio gangster :smoke:

However, Sublime are incredibly popular, and are overrated.

16. smoke two joints is one of my favorite songs. sucks that bradley died, they couldve made so much more good music

17. i love sublime, can never go wrong with them

18. Yes now i hear the police coming after to me, the one scarlet with the flowers in her hair, shes got the police coming after me

19. In my opinion, Sublime should be recognized just as mush as Bob Marley or any other of the greats. Personally, I like Sublime better than Marley. I do agree that they made it big when Bradley died, and that's kind of weak. However, that still doesn't make them overrated. Their music was the shit before he died and it will remain to be such for many, many decades to come.

20. I completely agree...Rap is not really music for me, it is rare for a Rapper to define the genre..while when it comes to stuff like Rock people redefine the genre constantly.