Sublime

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by sachidananda, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Doesn't it seem like Bradley smoked more weed than the dirty drugs that claimed his life? Isn't this weird?

Anyway, Sublime definitely kicks ass. As soon as I think I'm sick of them, they come on the radio and I'm hooked again.

2. #2 AlbitheDragon, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
    It took me way too long to get into Sublime. Before then, I always wondered why every white stoner reggae band sounded the same. Now I know who they were trying to imitate :bongin: :D

3. You can really see his fall into drugs through his albums.

40oz To Freedom - Weed and alcohol

Robin' The Hood - Like heroin and probably crack or some shit he was definitely fucked for this album. Didn't he record it in a crack house or something? Feel like I read that somewhere.

Sublime - Obviously a lot of heroin influence.

I feel like he did these things to push himself to write amazing music it's sad he went too far.

4. now I got ahold of my soul, cause Bradley taught me about mic control
    :bongin:

actually, I he was fairly healthy for Sublime, and I think it shows. he just relapsed and that's how he died, I think. I think his peak in his addiction was during robbin the hood, but yeah I definitely heard it was recorded a crack house too. But I also heard that the production values were so low because Bradley was trying to prove a point that they aren't playing music for money.

5. I know he wasn't as heavy a user for Sublime, but a lot of the songs are clearly about heroin.

6. regardless, he's just insane good. i love robbin' the hood.

7. long time fan. i have a small collection of rare sublime stuff(records,cds,other stuff). anybody have any Sublime Ink?

8. good idea. i normally don't like band tattoos, but c'mon, it's sublime.

9. been a fan since the 90s

10. I have a Sublime Tat but its subtle,only obvious to a true sublime fan. Non fans dont evn know its Sublime related. Its the pic from inside the cover of Robbin the hood