Subcools new supersoil mix

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GanjaTech, Apr 1, 2013.

1. I know this is an old post but....
    I've used subcools recipe a few times but changed it a little. Like instead of the soil brand/s the recipe called for i went to a local place and got good unbagged soil "no bugs in it or nothing" that was great and a tenth of the cost of "roots soil" or whatever it calls for now a days.
    There is nothing wrong with using someones elses recipe or making your own but starting out using a recipe mix gives you some experience in mixing and you gain knowledge and confedence in what your doing and how shit works.

What do you mean by "no bugs in it or nothing"?

What was the material you picked up specifically?

GIMK

The soil was probably sterilized where a long pile of potting soil is covered with heavy black plastic and allowed to sit in the sun for several days. A common practice at commercial nurseries where dead soil is a goal so that nothing gets in the way of the chemical cocktails used to grow nursery stock - phosphoric acid, ammonium nitrate and the list goes on and on.

CC

4. #44 BigBudE, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    It wasnt "dead soil" well it might have been at one time?  and isnt  pumped up with chems. What I meant by no bugs is no eggs that you may or may not find in big soil company names that may harm your plants and are annoying as all hell when they hatch.
    It was a really good clean soil mix that the mulch place mixes every once a year. Its organic and has some great stuff that they already added in there.

Also, is Glacial rock dust better than azomite? I've always used azomite. Cant really remeber if i've used grd.

Clackamas coot...Is that a sugar glider on your name thing?

BigBudE

CoM = Coast of Maine, an organic composting company

SRP = Soft Rock Phosphate

6. #46 smurfy100, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
    I am a beginner (have never grown before) and I am looking for a recipe of organic nutrients. I don't want to have to worry about mixing water with "nutes" on my first grow. You mentioned that you shouldn't have to worry about "nutes", so what would I have to add to my soil to feed my plants? I know EWC, but what else? and how much of it?

7. #47 GiMiK, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014

nutrition is retained and released by microorganisms decomposing and utilizing plants and rocks as they can....nutrition is simply elements, which are the building blocks of everything that exists in a physical state. 

here's a good site for a basic overview of what im getting at...

http://microbeorganics.com/

If you would like some further information just ask and dont be afraid to use the search bar.

There is quite a bit of information spread around GC; the No-Till thread is a good place to start looking imo. Quite a few have asked the same question and received detailed responses.