Subaru gang.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ccoossmmiinn, Jun 30, 2013.

1. want to get a Wrx, should i go stage two right away or wait
    Sent from my PantechP9070 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. first off what year, second stage 2 wakes the car up but if its a new car its going to void the warranty 

3. i know the 02 and 03 bugeye had some problem.  cant remember what it was but I had done stupid research on those when I was in the market for one.

4. If this helps I'm in Wisconsin and have around nine grand to spend. 03 04 model would be ideal

5. Ok an 04 03 wrx is a good choice but the 2005 and up wrx come with the 2.5 liter engine which has nicer low end torque for daily driving

My sti was a little over stage 2 and it was plenty for a DD

6. I have an 04 WRX went Stage 2 about after 3 months, I wouldn't do it right away.

7. Definetly wait IMO, get to know the car first then go stage 2, you'll appreciate it more.

8. Should i go e85 when i go stage two or wait??

9. I'm looking for it to take the load without blowing up the transmission or the motor, and how much is an average transmission with STI synchros

10. #10 deraj, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    I would say it depends on your lifestyle. If you have multiple stations in your area and don't take long trips where you might not be able to find a e85 station, go for it! But if you do lots of traveling then I wouldn't recommend it due to getting stuck without a station. My Audi is stage 2+ and was on e85 but lack of stations and constant traveling made me switch back to a 93 octane map.

11. Get a Legacy GT Turbo. So sexy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. They do have an extra half litter!

13. I'd get to know the car first.  I got my WRX before moving to Indiana (Moved from Florida to here in November).  I've had the car for a year or so.. maybe a little longer.  I loved the stock power and all, but after awhile you do wanna upgrade it.  I have the 04 btw.  If you get one... go to NASIOC, huge HUGE forum of helpful people... just don't make a topic saying "I wanna reach XXX HP" its been done a million times and gets old.  Read... read.... and read.... and read.  ......... and read again.  The more you learn... the better it is.

14. NASICO Imho is full of info but idiots run rampant. It's still a good resource. Trying to learn how to launch without killing my transmission

15. Slip your clutch, NEVER DUMP IT.