Stuttering

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by hiwhatsup, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Hey blades, long time lurker here. Just wondering if there were any other stutterers? My gf and I broke up and Its kind of a tough time getting other girls at the moment with my speech lol but ill get back in the game soon enough

2. my day was pretty cool too thanks for asking

3. Cant say I do but I went to high school with a lot of people who suffered from this.. Hope things get better for you man, next bowl is for you :bongin:

4. I never did until after I started smoking weed, now whenever I'm sober my words just seem to get jumbled up and I can't form them right. I've always been dyslexic, idk if they are related or not.

Just don't make a big deal about it and neither will they

5. Used to, now I kind of mumble/talk fast. Good luck to you. Just slowing down and thinking of your words helps me

6. I don't have a clinical stutter but sometimes if i'm high or just zoned out my speech will be really out there, sometimes fumble with words and shit or get em switched around or mixed up..

It's weird and it sucks when it happens. Usually if i'm like completley calm i can speak perfectly. I'm only that calm about 90% the time tho.

7. I dont stutter but if i talk too fast my words get fucked up, then i start thinking about how i talk and i fuck them up even more lol

8. yeah meeting new people is always fun sometimes they look at you like wtf is wrong... i tell them i stutter haha. But in highs school it was acutally better than it is now and i was more fluent. go figure

9. my son has a bad stutter, hes 11 and its amazing how it can really effect your confidence in social situations. but your speech is only one part of the whole you, and as a girl it wouldnt bother me at all to date someone with a stammer, even us fluent folks arent actually always that fluent if you really listen. you are so much more than your stammer. my boy has been having speech therapy which has given him various techniques to help him, but mainly it has given him confidence ( hes been badly bullied most of his school life). hes just started senior school and has actually just got his first girlfriend and she asked him out (the joys of chilhood romance), she doesnt give a monkeys about his speech, she likes him anyway lol.
    wishing you all the best for your future dating :)

10. There are techniques you can learn to control stuttering, by going to a speech therapist.

11. No stutter, but I still have a slight lisp that no amount of speech therapy could correct. I always try to avoid the "s" sound in conversation so it's not as noticeable at first.

I remember they had me chew saltine crackers and try to swallow without pushing my tongue forward. Weird things like that.

And whoever Sally is, she needs a business mentor. Who the fuck sells seashells next to a seashore?! It's called supply and demand durrrrr!

12. Lol don't take it personal but were just being a dick here?

13. Same lol. Fucking S's and Z's. Used to go to speech class in elementary school which corrected it somewhat. I really dont know what happened, i guess i just stopped trying to place my tongue perfectly and it came back.

I can say words that start with Z just fine but fucking S... i try to avoid words with S but its damn near impossible.

14. [quote name='"Mudd"']my day was pretty cool too thanks for asking[/quote]

Two strikes left.

15. hey man and welcome. have you taken or take speech classes? if not i recommend them, i know some people that had a stutter problem and that helped them a lot.

16. Happens to me occasionally.

17. Can't say i have a stutter "condition" but when i get nervous, I talk absurdly fast (and I already speak fast as it is) and mumble, and definitely stutter throughout my nervousness. weird though because i'm either pretty well confident or very socially anxious. i have some reflecting to do..

18. I don't have a stutter or anything, but sometimes my mind forms the words to fast and I end up saying the second sentence before the first. Maybe try talking slower? I know my friend stuttered a lot and then he tried talking slowly and it worked. I dunno, best of luck man.

19. dude i met a customer at my shop that had a huge stutter and it was very noticable, but the cool part about it was he didnt seem to give a fuck. He was there with his wife and three kids and we had a good convo about the NFL and how the Texans where gonna make it all the way to the superbowl. To tell the the truth it doesnt matter if you have a stutter, if your confident about yourself you'll be fine in this world. Just come as you are.

20. [quote name='"lucyhorizon"']my son has a bad stutter, hes 11 and its amazing how it can really effect your confidence in social situations. but your speech is only one part of the whole you, and as a girl it wouldnt bother me at all to date someone with a stammer, even us fluent folks arent actually always that fluent if you really listen. you are so much more than your stammer. my boy has been having speech therapy which has given him various techniques to help him, but mainly it has given him confidence ( hes been badly bullied most of his school life). hes just started senior school and has actually just got his first girlfriend and she asked him out (the joys of chilhood romance), she doesnt give a monkeys about his speech, she likes him anyway lol.
    wishing you all the best for your future dating :)[/quote]

Maybe I'm just really fucking high but he is 11 and just started his senior year? :confused: