Stupid questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by drumdude, Jul 12, 2007.

1. It's July 12th right now and I live in New England so I wouldnt have much time to grow any good plants. I have a couple of seeds from my last pickup and I was wondering some things..

How long are seeds good for? Should I just save them until next year, or should I just try them out now?

How long does it take for them to produce anything smokeable? I'm not looking for a lot, if get anything free, it will be worth it since I'd just end up getting rid of the seeds anyways.

How often do they need to be watered?? I'm thinking the best place to plant them would be at my familys summer home and I'm only there about every other week.

I'm not looking to get any more than an eighth, it would be nice if I got more...but I'm not counting on it. So do you think I should give it a try now, or just wait until next year? Or would it be worth it for me to just get the hang of things and see it all work?

2. I'm in the N.E. as well, and if you're just gonna throw them away anyway, then why not stick them in the ground. You probably wouldn't get too much more then an eigth at this point anyway, but why not give it a shot. If your spot is good then you MAY get away with that watering cycle, especially if this damn cycle of rain keeps going on by me. I'm never gonna get a chance to add ferts because we get a downpour every other night and I don't wanna drown mine.

But, shit, why not toss them in the ground and see what happens.

3. Well if they'd still be fresh by next year and if I'd have a better chance of getting something I could wait if nothing good would come from this...but I can also get more seeds over the course of the winter, so I'm not sure what to do.

4. Yeah I'm also in the Northern N.E. area and I have sum seeds I think I might also plant them to see just what the hell comes out.

To understand is to perceive patterns.
    Isaiah Berlin

5. They'll probably be fine next year. I just stuck my extra beans in prescription pill bottle and stuck them in the drawer! I'm sure some one will give you a different way to do it, but that's worked fine for me, I'm using beans from like 4 years ago still.