Stupid question about cleaning

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by RebelRider83, Nov 14, 2015.

1. In my attempts to get my extremly dirty and resin cake piece cleaned i started with soaking in mouthwash,which does not work,tried bling cleaner as i wanted non toxic,it wasnt strong enough,at all. Finally broke down and went with a 24 hour soak in 90% iso rubbing alcohol,my question now is. There is still a few really tiny pieces of stuck resin,as well as water rings and such stuck on the piece,is it still safe to use even though those no doubt soaked in the ISO?,i know this seems dumb to most of yall,but i am paranoid of fumes and chemicols inhaling.

Attached Files:

2. ya it's safe and that look like alot of hard water stains iso wont do a whole lot about that

3. Any idea how to get those out?

4. As long as it dries, it's fine. Isopropyl alcohol evaporates so if it's dry, there's no remnants of the alcohol in there. But if you're having trouble getting stuff out just put some salt in the piece with the Iso an shake it up for a minute. If it's still there you can go back with a paper clip or something to scrape the rest out.

5. i personally use CLR, and wash it out super super well after. It has some pretty strong chemicals. Vinegar is supposed to be good for hard water stains, but uh keep in mind that if you have hard water the stains are just going to come right back. if you google. "how to get hard water stains off glass." you will find tons of stuff on how to remove it.

6. I decided to just leave the stains,shows its age and use lol,and like you said just gonna come back. Theres 2 water drops that wont come out,and sone salt dried on it,but its been out and dry since i posted so theres no hint of alcohol smell left. Will do one more rinse later tonight,and use it again,im actually really excited