stupid high-schooler

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by docleary, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Cuz the OP was doing him a favor. He didn't have to get him the weed. And the dude may go to jail, the time to press him for money is after he's done paying the tickets. If you're a true friend, you know when is the appropriate time to ask for money and when to forgive debts.

2. You now owe more money by paying tickets than you owe your friend. I wouldn't pay him back though. If he is a real friend he would understand, but just buy some weed and share it with him and maybe he will forgive you.

3. I understand this, but by taking someone else's money who trusts you, it becomes your responsibility to either return the money or the right ammount of whatever it is they intended to get in exchange. While it was a favor, and while he wouldn't be in as much trouble had it not been for him, his tire still would've fucked up and he still would've chosen to smoke a joint out in the open.

I can understand if he got pulled over on some old bull shit, bumper stickers or whatever, but no. He was smoking an illegal substance outside where all could see knowing there was a chance of getting caught with his weed, and his friends, because he didn't want to change his tire sober. His friend had NOTHING to do with the tire or the smoking in public. Nothing at all. I agree that the guy's a fucking ass hole who's using the OP to get stuff, but it's the OP's own fault for smoking like that. If he was that worried about felony charges, he'd either not carry more weed than neccecary, or stop smoking out in the fucking open.

4. You make valid points.

A true friend would still forgive the debt. Given the acquaintance's reaction to the situation, it's obvious he is not an actual friend, but rather a typical self-absorbed high school student who does not care about anything that does not directly affect him. Rather than thinking "man, I am glad my bro got out of this with only some ticket fines", he thinks "where is my god damn weed? Fuck your legal obligations, I want my money now".

He is a douchebag, and people are less sympathetic when douchebags are wronged.

5. alright, explanation for reason a: i was picking up weed for someone, what was i supposed to do, leave it somewhere so i wouldn't be carrying it? does that make sense?

reason b is actually valid, i didn't have to smoke weed then, but no-one was around and it was a couple hours after dark so i figured i was safe. besides, i'm in a town without its own police force and two towns away from the county seat.

it wasn't hours after i was supposed to get the kid his weed, we hadn't even set a time anyway.

edit- he's worried about $50 when i smoked him up almost all summer when we worked together.

6. Man, you do owe him the money, it was your fault that you were smoking a joint in the middle of nowhere in a closed school lot while changing a tire. There was no need for that, but you did it anyway, and by doing that you lost his bag / his money.

7. where did i say it happened in a closed school lot?

and if he hadn't been an asshole about the whole thing, i would've paid him as soon as my tickets were paid but it isn't happening now.

8. you are not an asshole. tell him that you'll get him another bag of weed, but he has to pay for the tickets

9. I partially agree with you, but let's assume these guy is a good friend. Would he honestly just be like, "Oh that's cool that you got caught smoking out in the fucking open when you could've waited.", or would he have explained to him what stupid thing it was? If my friends knew I did something like this they'd be pissed because it's a stupid thing and if they were worried about me getting locked up, they'd say something when such a stupid thing like this went down. It's like the way parents would yell at a kid for eating off the floor.

And OP, if this kid is such a huge fucking ass hole why the fuck would you pick something up for him anyways?? You should've told him to go get it himself. I, like you, have gotten shit for people before but I was well aware of what would happen if I was caught with two bags. If you were going to say, "Well I smoked you all summer", then you should've said it BEFORE you got caught and BEFORE you took his money. That's a real shitty thing to do.

Like I said, if you had been caught by some unlucky incident, I'd say fuck it in the guys position and be glad you were safe. However, you were fucking smoking out in public, it's your fault and he had nothing to do with it /=

10. Well its not really anyones fault since.
    So you did him the favor of bringin him his weed under your responsibilitie.
    But yet you got in trouble for something he shud have taken care of since it was his.
    But he should atleast give you enough time to pay up all your tickets and then when you can just pay him back his money. or smoke him out,;)

11. Grrr, it is someone's fault. It's the person who smokes out in the open's fault.

12. it may have been out in the open, but it was under the cover of darkness. seriously, there was like a 1% chance of a pig being in the area. i would not have smoked if i thought i was at risk of being caught.

13. Even if you're right, still you should be more careful when carrying more(or two sep bags). You said yourself you're pissed about the shit. If you're just carrying for yourself and you decide to smoke in the open, it's one thing. But you should've known how much more shit you could get in if you got caught.

14. shit happens, he should be happy he wasnt involved. dont pay him, and if he has a problem with it, maybe he can find someone else to help him get hooked up all the time.