Stupid but necessary question.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by JustAnotherHead, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Where in the F are you getting paper bags? Not at the grocery store, not at Costco, not at Walmart, not anywhere. The world apparently hates paper. Where are you guys getting paper grocery bags?

2. If I tell you you will use them to ruin some weed, so I will not say and your weed will be better. Never use a paper bag in the curing process.

Hang dry then jar it up and done. No bags needed.

3. hahahah^^^ good point thou.......have u tried a carry out/beer store??

4. stupid doesnt know what hes talking about paper bags are great. the jar method is good too but the bags kick every method's ass. i went to a gas station and I had to buy their personal paper bags. i asked if they had any and they pulled out a stack from behind counter. i said six n he said 50 cent,

5. Whole Foods, Wegman's, Trader Joes, etc. The upscale stores.

6. #6 stupidstuff, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
    BAHAHAHAHAHA, look in my signature. And that is my outdoor. You should see my indoor, hehe.

If you like your bud to look like it was rolled around in a bag and smell like,,,,, well, a paper bag, then bags are great.

If you want your bud to resemble mine then dont use them.

7. But hay what do i know
    Outdoor, dried and cured without a bag.
    [​IMG]

8. [quote name='"JustAnotherHead"']Where in the F are you getting paper bags? Not at the grocery store, not at Costco, not at Walmart, not anywhere. The world apparently hates paper. Where are you guys getting paper grocery bags?[/quote]

Walmart sells paper bags in the garden section as does lowes target home depot. Whole foods bags in paper as does trader joes.

9. read the whole thing stupid . i kno the jar method works but the paper bag is quicker and it dont make ur shit smell like paper bags......

wat u do is dry it in the room with your lights then put it in paper bags in the room with your lights. open it up n fan the air in n out once a day. in EIGHT days you got bud ready for the streets

10. Why do people have to be either rude or just douche bags when answering questions??

I use big paper bags to dry out my trim and smaller buds that a pain to hang up and it works perfect. I honesty think it speeds up the drying process rather just laying them on a table or what not. I'm a noob so there are prob better ways but the paper bags do the tricks

Some people should try not being negative towards everything but there methods

11. another thing to do is to not trim it till its dry the leaves have oils n shit in em that makes the bud taste stronger

12. #12 stupidstuff, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry but i was not rude until I was told I did not know what I was talking about by a noobe. I was being funny, but I guess humor is in the eye of the beholder.

Also you said it best, the bag method speeds up the curing and that is what causes harshness, lack of flavor and a droop in possible strength. Longer curing times are proven to enhance flavor, strength, and beauty.

The reason I use the method I do is it keeps the bud looking like it just came off the plant and preserves all the flavor. The bag method destroys the flavor, crystals and scent to some extent. Mainly because everone I see using this method either stirs or shakes the bag every day, not just open it to the air. Thus the bud looks rolled around in a bag, and until you jar it up still smells like a bag. This is from years of experience and coustomer feedback, and considering the quality in my area(central calli), and Im the best, I trust that i got it right.

13. What do you do with your trim stupid? Haha funny pun :)

Your are completely right.. that being said I'm going to hang all my branches up

14. #14 nick7362, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
    n i aint just a random noob cmon man i had a few harvests n i do shit in a scientific way.

i am fresh on the grow scene tho

but you DONT know about bag curing because it dont make it smell like bag

15. Man I read this whole thing...lol, you started it by saying he didn't know shit. I saw the whole thing coming.

I'm not going to get into it but optimal drying would be two weeks hanging in specific temps/humidity. After that the buds are ready for their final haircut and into jars. The paper bag method is used for people who cannot achieve this optimal 2 week drying time, so you hang your buds for a week, then but them in the bag for a few days then into jars. The finished product just doesn't looks as good.

You definitely still a noob with a few grows. I consider myself still pretty novice...or noob. Ha. Anyways, STUPIDSTUFF don't chew this foo out too hard;)Maybe just enough a little bit:p

16. i said he didnt know what he was talking about but i wasnt specific enough i guess??

the paper bag trick produces good weed with great bag appeal and smell that is ready before the same weed thrown in a jar. to say it comes out tasting like bag is false. when you tried it you must have done it wrong, because that is not the final result

17. #17 washedmothafuka, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
    I never said it tasted like a bag...? You really can't get over that ONE thing that stupidstuff said. Drying in a bag WILL work however you do it like that so you can flip your harvest quicker. Most people like to dry them slower because they are actually smoking it themselves, and don't care about an extra few weeks wait for it to properly dry and cure. I'm just saying there are few ways to do something, the way that works, the right way, and the wrong way. We are both doing a "way that works" (Both methods dry the buds in the end) however the difference is mine will have a MUCH more pronounced fragrance, and bag appeal.

To put it simply for you, a longer dry time causes the starches in your marijuana to be converted into sugars, shorter dry time equals harsher smoke and less flavor. When you dry in the paper bag, your marijuana will smell, but nowhere NEAR the pungency of properly dried and cured bud. But please, keep drying in your bud paper bags thinking that's the best way, maybe someday you'll stray from the norm and try a different method.

18. ^ Real talk..

That being said. Hang your buds and put your trim in paper bags /

19. [quote name='"-ThePhantom-"']^ Real talk..

That being said. Hang your buds and put your trim in paper bags /[/quote]

You hit that one right one the head. Paperbags help get my trimmings nice and bone dry, to be qwiso'ed or bho'ed.

20. no shit. that was all that was being said.