Stunted Plants Please help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sammykins, Jan 14, 2017.

1. This is my first indoor grow. I did outdoor last year and really didn't control any variables with great success for a first grow. This year I am growing indoors with 3 different strains of autos all under the same conditions ; coco coir, stable PH, recommended nutrients which I just started a week ago (grow better brand, A and B formula for veg growth), in 5 gallon buckets and all under T5 lights for the first 3 weeks and now under a 400 watt metal halide for 18 hours a day. I feel like I have mostly everything covered but yet all different strains appear to be stunted and way behind where they should be. Shouldn't they be showing sex by now? I am at day 27 since germination on the Northern Lights. I am very concerned this delay in growth will severely impact my yield because they are autos and I am already 4 weeks into the life cycle with nothing to really show for it And also I am wondering if I should just try and start over as running the lights, supplying nutrients plus the time for care and monitoring ect, could all just be a waste. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Also when does the countdown for auto's begin? The day you germinate? When the tap root shows? When you have a sprout from soil? Reason I'm asking is because I did wait a little extra during germination. I let the tap roots get about an inch long before planting them thinking it wouldn't have an affect.

Attached Files:

3. Did you reply? Looks like it just copied what I had originally posted.

4. I just started growing autos for the first time outdoors in coco/perl mix, they are 60 days old and just started showing signs of flowers. The were def shocked and stunted in the first month then it just took off. But def don't overwater at start just keep moist. I'm sure they will pick up once a good strong root based is established.im no expert it's my first time growing autos as well and I thought that they must have been normal plants. This is my white lsd at 60 days and just starred flowering.

Attached Files:

5. Oh that's such a relief! Would you say that yours was more or less stunted than mine ? And that looks great, what was the flowering time suppose to be for that strain? If it was a super auto they flower later than regular autos

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. 5 gal

7. Don't quote me but I think yo need to put in a small cup and make our way up because they have to establish a root system and in a 5 gal pot that is hard for a little plant to do . You feel me. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Yea. I actually started another grow a week behind this one and tried using 2 in Solo cups. The lag in development is very similar.

9. Sam this is my auto at day 27 from being planted after germ And I was thinking I be lucky to get 1g off it and then it just took off. Best of luck with them sorry I ain't very computer savvy I don't even know how to reply lol hope u see this

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's awesome I really appreciate it, and I'm not sure if I'm posting on this correctly either lol, I didn't even know what a thread was until this week!

11. What Robbie said this is my other one that I overwatered. Same strain same age just watered more often at the start and it was looking better than the other

Attached Files:

12. Did you use Coco ?

13. Sam same here hopeless when it comes to computers etc. I hope it is a little bit of help for you? Hang in there they are looking better than mine were at that age.

14. Yes coco/perl first time using coco to

15. Me too, how about nutes and pH how did you handle that since you were outdoors

16. I started feeding at about 3 weeks old, professors original nutrients. It one of those grow,bloom all in one nuts. I have been feeding every watering usually about every two days now. They are starting to get real thirsty now. I try keep ph about 5.8 I think. But this my first time growing in coco and I'm not sure about watering and feeding. But it seems to be working now. Just hope I'm not wasting nutes . im just trying to learn about growing in coco as well so I don't know what is the best when it comes to feeding. I'm giving them about 1/2 strength now and was only giving them about a 1/4 strength at nearly 3 to 4 weeks old . Don't know weather I should have pre charged the coco before planting with a weak solution.

17. I'm not sure about that either, all I know is I started nutes a week ago and so far no sign of excess or deficiency. But since you have yours outdoors are they in a green house or do you let them get rain water regardless of the fact that the pH of that is always varying

18. No they have been outdoors and I don't have a greenhouse I made a little one when seedlings, so when it rains I try to put them under verandah. I thought may be the rain will change ph and wash away the nuts, so that's a challenge. But I think I under feed mine at the start I was just giving them tap water and they did start to show signs of nut def. if your feed yours and there's no nut burn or anything they should start to explode in growth.
    I was the same as you spinning out at plants that were 30 days old with 2 nodes lol. I just hope that stunted growth doesn't at the start doesn't affect them when flowering.

19. Hope all is well, how are your plants doing? I feel like for a week mine haven't had really much progress, what do you think? When did yours start to show gender?

Attached Files: