stunted growth?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bokeasmowl1, May 20, 2010.

1. I've had my plant growing for about 2 weeks now, and its only about an inch and a half tall. The new sets of leaves coming in are looking a nice flush green but the original round leaves are yellowing(which I read was normal) But I'm worried about my plant being so small. I was told maybe i was overwatering so I tried watering a little less and no vertical growth. The small leaves still look nice, but I feel like my plant should be a good bit bigger by now.
    All the sets of leaves have come in right on top of each other too, the round ones and the 2 sets of points ones.

Anyone have any ideas? +rep for halpp

2. A picture is worth a thousand words... ;) From the sounds of it you are doing good. The first few weeks can be really really slow LOL

3. yeah pix are great, also some info, lighting?
    soil or hydro?
    if hydro, what is the ppm of ur food? (shouldnt be alot)
    is ur medium constantly wet?

4. soil and we have a moisture meter and ph meter. We kept the medium moist pretty well, it seems like our soil drains really fast because it feel super dry the next day(even a few inches down) it doesnt look too bad, im just worried that it should be taller.

Oh and I'm using 2 CFL's for vegetative stage on them pretty close about 2-3 inches

5. try letting the soil dry out a little longer, but not to long so it wilts. plants love there dry cycle,
    i was watching this program on satellites, and they were watching the rain forest, before this everyone thought the rain forest looked better during the wet season, but with new pictures, the forest looks healthier during the dry season. (it rains so much during the wet season everything is over watered, then dry season they get a chance to dry out and the roots can expand and go insearch of food)... food for thought
    but this may not be ur problem