stunted growth help plz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cuntie, Jun 3, 2006.

1. hey guys i recently started two jock horror plants.

after about 3-4 days of 24/7 lighting under a 1500 lumen CFL in a shoe box wrapped with white plastic they seem to have stopped growing

the soil i am using is shit backyard soil that had a gnat problem but i took care of it with some gravel

i water them about once every 2 days until the water drips out the bottom holes a little bit.

they are currently in solo cups as well ( party cups )

the plant is about 1.5 inches tall ( mostly because i had the plant too far from the cfl the first few days and it stretched, but now its 3 inches from the light )

also, the stem is slightly purple ( heat stress probably ) and the only leaves are the 2 dicot leaves ( circular ones ) and two mj shaped leaves that are coming out of the stem. these two mj shaped leaves have looked the same for the past 2 days. they are slightly vertical like they are newly forming but ive only notived a size difference of about 3 mm.

im going to transplant into better soil, but i was wondering maybe if the plants arent growing because more energy is going to forming roots ( the soil isnt very airy so maybe its taking longer )

any advice would be appreciated.
    '

ps. these plants re goin outside once they have 3-5 nodes

2. why dont you just put them outside now? definately sunlight is a much better light source then ur cfl

3. because i want them to be semi-mature so they have a better chance.