StumbleUpon.com

Discussion in 'General' started by Perpetual Burn, Oct 8, 2007.

1. So, a few weeks ago a friend of mine asked my if I had ever stumbled. He asked if I had ever stumbled on the internet... I didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

He introduced me to this very cool website, that I feel can be a good learning tool if applied properly. Plus, it's very entertaining. It's a site where you create an account (only takes 10 seconds,) then you select from a list of categories whichever ones interest you the most. Then, you click the "Stumble" button. And everytime you "stumble" it refreshes your browser with a new page that coincides with whatever categories you have deemed interesting. Then, you have a simple rating system, "I like it" or "I don't like it" and it starts to get a feel for whatever you like.

I can "stumble" for hours on end discovering new sites and pages that I might not have ever discovered otherwise. I love at least 8 out 10 pages I "stumble" across... as pretty much everything you find suits your interests. It can become addicting.

I think it could be a good learning jumpstart for people that just use the internet for entertainment, as it's entertaining and providing of knowledge at the same time. There's also a StumbleVideo for those who are more visual types.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I didn't see anything in my search... so hopefully this is news to some people.

So, check it out and see what you guys think... I absolutely love it. But remember, it's what you make of it... you could set it up to drain your brain worse than television, or it could expand your "e-mind" like never before.

2. Cool site, i'm gonna mess with it some more later.

3. there are some threads on this already

but I've found some GREAT sites through stumble upon. I've been using it for at least a year. It's fun to get blazed when your bored, then choose your topics and find awesome pages.

It's the best add-on to firefox imo

4. Dude I've been stumbling since I got back from lunch at 3, its now 5:36, sweet plugin!

5. I love StumbleUpon. I've been using it for a year or so now, and it is always my savior when I'm bored as hell on the internet.

6. hoooollly shit, +reps and to OP. This thing is sweet.

edit: it wont let me give you props primetime :(

7. How do you change from Video Stumble! to regular Stumble?

8. You change "Channels" on the Toolbar. The little globe switches you over to web pages.

By the way, your signature is a George Carlin quote.