Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Studying while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smokey_mctoke, May 19, 2008.

1. I am seriously considering studying microbiology while high. Last week I was just browsing through some pages after I toked a little, and man, I started catching details that were really hard for me to notice when sober. Not only that, I actually learned a couple of things I had totally ignored before, and remembered them quite well afterwards. I am going to give it a try, MJ may not be good for studying in general, but I think that it serves a purpose when looking at and studying bacteria and fungi...

Or maybe I have smoked myself insane?

2. Smoke a bowl, then study for a little. Seems to help most people, and I've never had that cliche memory problem from marijuana.

3. i've studied biology high a couple times, it helped a little bit, i did pretty well in that class haha.

4. Shit why the fuck not, I do everything else high...

5. If it works for you, then I say go for it.

Personally, I can't study when I'm high...school wise, the only productive thing I can do after I've blazed is read. I had a really big issue with school this year...I started loathing my major, didn't go to class for two months, failed most of my tests/midterms, didn't read fuck all, etc. If I knew my parents wouldn't shoot me for dropping out, I would have. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is when finals came in April, I had a shit load of reading to do for all my classes. I'd blaze and then just sit on my floor (bed is too comfy haha) and read for hours. I honestly got through about 3/4 of the years readings for American History in about 12 hours. It killed me for sure, but it had to be done.

And now it's summer and I don't have to worry about anything haha.

6. yeah man i used to study all the time high....doesnt work so well for organic chemistry but microbio and bio 1 and 2 and genetics all worked...meh guess it just works on some subjects for some people :)

7. I feel like when I smoke, I can concentrate on somethings better. Reading goes by pretty smoothly, but when doing calculations and shit it's better to be sober. Reading books (chemistry and biology included) when baked is some mad shit. You get a whole new perspective into things and you can easily learn as well as before. Just don't overdo it. Happy studying! I'm cramming for my last exams and on Thursday it's all over. Then I'll be higher than the highest kite in the sky :)

8. i know when i take any math test or hw i smoke (B4 school if test) and i get madd good grades because i dont contemplate answers (answer then re-answer then find out that my 1st answer was correct) i have no issue with memory when high and also i have ADHD and it helps me relax and i can acctually stay on task
    so i say try it might help may not and if possible dont just try it once and decied do at least 2 runs with it

9. No doubt! I get really into notetaking when im high and in class. I sort of stare at the teacher and soak in every single word he says...my brain definitely aches after those classes:p

10. Study high, take the test high, get high scores.

11. Your concentration is impaired when your high. It might help some people study, but I don't think it's the best idea.

12. haven't you ever heard of test toking....? Er I mean test taking

13. To each his own, I can't study high because I forget half the info and get distracted and want to listen to music instead.

14. If you can still remember what you study then go for it.

I use to study physics and calc all the time when i was high. Not uber high but lit, I used a strategy sorta like this... Work problems till I get frustrated/dont understand whats happening, smoke ONE bowl. Cheese for a couple of minutes and do whatever ( no more than 10 min), then back to work. Rinse, repeat.

15. if you study high for a test you should take the test high because you recall things better in a similar state of mind

16. "Dude have you ever read a history textbook high?, thats some fucked up shit man!"

Me after staying up all night studying for midterms. It worked well though, i think i got a 90% or around there. But seriously, its fucked up, reading about American history blazed, you see just how fucked our shit really is.

17. yea youve pretty much smoked urself insane. i duno bout u but studying is the last thing on my mind when im high. plus it just doesnt work ur brains fucked u wont remember what u read

18. Reading in general is awesome while high. If it's a good book at least, not so much a history book.

19. Yea ive studied high before and just forgot all the stuff i studied.

20. WOW.....if i hadnt noticed i would of thought you were me replying to this thread!

...thats exactly what my first year of university was....all i did was blaze up throughout the year and not read at all...until the day before my final exam i taught myself and entire course in a night before exam.....i still managed to pass all my classes due to some "help" from friends....:rolleyes:...

and my summer started a month ago...been blazin almost everyday ever since my last exam...lol.

also it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to study while high.....i dunno if it is the weed or me, but after getting baked i cant seem to concentrate or function normal....i dont feel dumber but i feel slower and my bodys ability to react is like impaired or someshit....