Stuck in my life

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Psilocybeen, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Don't know which forum to post this in, but this is where i usually browse and i figure i could get good advice here.

Since i finished my recent year of high school, summer has been a drag. im usually anti-social, although i realize it is who i am and i accept it, during summer it gets shoved in my face when i stay at home all day. i have been listening to god to help me grow, but i cant seem to hear him for the past week, i dont know what to do, i cant find any weed and i dont know who to hang out with, every time i attempt to contact someone it doesnt work, whether they be sick, out of town, or there is just a lack of transportation.

More recently i have been concerned about finding a girlfriend, but i have such bad luck with this my whole life i dont know where to start. this is why i have been trying to listen to god, but it feels like right now i am putting meaning into fake signs just so i can learn, and it feels empty.

So i decided to just try and smoke, and like i said that didnt work out, so im just sitting here drinking some wine and venting because i think someone on this forum will give me the advice i need, thats why there isnt really any direct question in here or anything like that, because i dont know what im looking for right now.

I applied for my first two jobs, but that is just a drag also, i would love a job to get money, a vehicle and it would take up some of my time, but i dont know any more places to apply, and they need to be close because i dont have a vehicle yet, so im not sure if that is the answer right now. anyway, smoke a j for me :smoke:

2. If you keep yourself enclosed, even if you live among thousands of people you will still feel very lonely. However, if you keep yourself open, then even if you are living alone, you will still have a very full life. So open your mind and treat everyone as your intimate, virtuous friend.
    ~Shih-fu Sheng-ye

It sounds like you need some inspiration man...find out what interests you, and find a way to pursue it. Its all a part of finding out who you really are and the process of growing up.

3. I can give you good advice.

You say you are listening to God to help you grow. Keep doing this.

Your post tells me that you recognize the signs you see right now are "fake" - this also is good. Obviously, you should not try to PUT your own meaning into these things because they are not really signs from God.

Instead, do this. Begin listening to your own "conscience". This is how God helps you. Listen and pay attention. (This is hard at first, but gets easier). As you listen see if you can "hear" what you SHOULD do. You'll know you SHOULD do it because it will feel to you like the "right thing to do".

Then, follow your conscience. Because when you do this, you are following God. The more you follow God, the easier it is to hear and follow the next time.

As you do this, the things that concern you right now will begin to fade away. You will begin to feel a REAL happiness in your life. This is what God will do for you.

This is good advice, and a bit harder than it sounds. But if you do it, you will KNOW the real signs in your life when you see them. And then you will THANK God honestly for what he is doing for you because HE will put the meaning in these signs for you.

4. ^^ Listen to the guys before me!

Great advice guys!

Try praying everyday for what you would like to happen with your life.

God works in mysterious ways.

5. God will only help those who help themselves.. And your conscience isn't god, it is yourself. The self that lives deep inside and you have the power to change your life, not god. So don't wait for him, never wait for him, because you'll never get anything done.

6. Reminds me of the man waiting on the roof of his house for god to rescue him from the flood that is all around him. A boat comes by and the man refuses to board it, a helicopter hovers and the man tells it to go away - god will save me he says. Finally he dies and finds himself standing before god. "Why did you not save me?" the man asks. God looks at him. "I sent you a boat, a helicopter...."

7. thank you all very much, went to my brothers house last night, got high, read these and they were very helpful, especially the fact that it was from these people, i even predicted you would reply thoughtware.

needless to say keep on doin what youre doin

8. This is the advice to listen to. Only you can right your wrongs and make your life better; what could God do, whether he exists or not? Come down and offer you a hand?

9. #10 wyzard, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    MJ is a key to many doors, but not to every door. You need a break.

I think your mind is tired, and your soul is restless. You need to find another passion to dump fire back into your soul. Find a project and do it well, don't smoke until its done. Select a project with other interested people in the area.

MJ can make the mundane marvelous, but it is still the mundane in the morning. Your soul is pushing you to feed it, the soul cannot live on MJ alone.

10. Have you looked into the 'Laws of Attraction'. Very interesting shit.

11. "God will only help those who help themselves"

I always found that rather stupid. If you can help yourself why would you need gods help? Also, how does this apply to say, starving children or those stricken with disease like malaria?

Now I don't believe in god and I think you are wasting your time with that so my suggestion would be to look within and find ways that you can improve yourself. It could be something as simple as meditating once a day.

As for the girlfriend either you can find a hobby that puts you around other people or just start talking to girls. You'll never get good at it unless you try.

12. This is how i feel now, and even though you dont believe in god, and i havnt experienced it fully, the universe can be synonymous with my definition of god. i believe the reason anyone can achieve their dreams is you are met halfway, and you need to help yourself so that you are not given the things you need, but you earn them.

I am vaguely familiar with it, and i believe, havnt researched it much or watched the secret though.

hahaha i liked this alot, thank you

this helped alot, doing what i feel i should do instead of what i was doing, i was trying to open my self up to signs and create opportunity for them, which felt like it was working sometimes but not all the time. For instance i was watching the Daily Show and debating if i should get a book i was interested, and at the beginning of the commercial break i watched this commercial intently, and at the end, the slogan was 'if it feels good, do it' and it blew my mind. although if i were to have decided to get the book just because i wanted to read it, that would have been more streamlined. i still feel like i see signs, but i see that they correlate to what i feel like i should do

anyway i believe this thread served its purpose, thank you everyone