Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stressin

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bone Thugs, Oct 18, 2006.

1. I just realized for the past 6-7 mounths I have had a big problem with stress. It just so happen in the past 6-7 months I have been smoking a lot more then ever before. This all started when i started smoking a shit load at the end of senior year. Now im in college and they do all of these stress managment lessions and im like damn thats me. So i am takin action now and im doin some relaxin breathing and shit everyday, and tryin to workout more and go to the gym to realease stress. I always thought weed helps get rid of stress, but I think for me it is the opposite. IDk what to do, I used to love weed, but now dont knwo if its worth it. Is it possible weed cuased this panic, anxiety and stress. maybe a long long break is in order. Any thoughts would help

2. I feel you the same way on that stress, you are doing the correct things but remember that you have to be able to deal with stress mentally, when I mean mentally I mean deep within yourself. You thinking that weed cause all of this in the first place, well that is something that you have to answer you self--Was there this much stress before I started smoking?-- think real deep about in a very good detail, and then ask yourself this question again *Remember* every person will go through some type stress everyday.

3. hardcore smoking can definitely mess with your head after a while. also the strain of weed makes a big difference. sativa strains are a lot racier and can cause paranoia and anxiety. indica strains usually make you more relaxed and are much better for stress.

4. I don't think it causes any stress, directly, but it can exacerbate an already stressful situation. Too much smoking can add to the stress to the point where it becomes unmanageable because you are always smoking to relieve your stress, but then you don't get anything done because you're too stoned to function haha, yeah. It's bad. A break's never a bad idea, or at least cutting down...

5. smoking only stresses me out when im suppose to be doing something and im high and like fuck...so i get nervous or stressed out but when im just chilling relaxing or can smoke then wait awhile and do some work i feel so much relief.....i have bad anxiety disorder and it sure helps me relax unlike any prescription drug available

6. This happens a lot when people confuse their use or overuse of the sacred plant with their own inner workings. Marijuana doesn't add to your personality or emotional makeup it merely reveals what was already there to begin with. If you stop using so much weed these symptoms of stress you're experiencing will probably dissipate, but not the root cause. I'm going to repeat what I do so often here at GC. Marijuana isn't a recreational drug. When you use it, the first and most important thing you should have in place is respect.

Before you pick up that pipe, bong, or spliff know thyself because the Marijuana is going to eventually expose whatever dark desperation that exists in your heart.

I would suggest you stop using for a period of time, just how long you do that is up to you, but you're going to have to walk away. Once you do, use this time to examine your thoughts, feelings, and components of your daily life. Self-examination isn't a discipline men have very much practice at doing because of the emotional gamut they have to travel but persistence is the key to unlocking your stressors bro.

Good luck.

"Health is the state about which medicine has nothing to say."

~W.H. Auden~

Stay green.<O:p</O:p

7. my buddy and i have both gone through similar situations, though at different times. every time smoking would happen, the paranoia was intense. I cut back to once a day for a while, late at night, and finished up within 2 minutes of my house, and it got better, but then again, so did my life in general, which probably had a lot to do with it. my buddy had to quit for 2 months, but he's back and not experiencing any symptoms