stressed about tomorrow. advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by DaNk42oSmOkeR, Feb 18, 2013.

1. I've been dealing with Anxiety on and off for a year now and it used to be so bad I could barely eat cuz every time I'd eat a big meal I'd get this indigestion/bloated feeling and it'd send me into an anxiety attack. Well I went to the Dr about 6 months ago and he told me it was all in my head and he did all the blood tests etc and told me I'm perfectly healthy. Magically all of the attacks stopped right after I left the Dr.. I could eat food and wouldn't have any bad reactions. Well, for some reason it's starting up again. It's like I'm afraid to eat big meals. I went to another Dr last week and he set an appointment for tomorrow for me to get an upper gi panel and they are going to do an ultrasound on my stomach to make sure I don't have ulcers or anything. I'm now having second thoughts about going bcuz I hate hospitals and these tests sound kind of scary. I guess for the upper gi panel I have to drink some chalky shit then they take an xray of my stomach? Anyone ever had this shit done before? Think I should just blow it off and tell myself it'd my anxiety problems causing this digestive shit? I plan on starting to see a counselor next week. It leads me to believe it's just anxiety bcuz sometimes I have anxiety attacks without eating and real bad social anxiety where my heart will race like crazy.

2. Man consider it a blessing you don't have to deal with obesity like so many Americans

3. Fuck that stomach x-ray shit, that slop they try to shove down your throat is fuckin' inhumane!

Sounds like it is all in your head but if you're down to throw more money at a pharmaceutical engine like that it's on you, I'm just sayin'...Quit trippin' and shit.:cool:

4. I'm in really good shape. Lost some weight bcuz of this eating issue but I work out every day and have a perfect diet.

5. It just doesn't seem like a coincidence that I have anxiety and also sometimes have digestive problems. I hope the anxiety is creating the indigestion.

6. I'll bet it is. Just chill out dude. Get on a spiritual journey and get some therapy. Helped the hell out of me (literally).

7. Yeah that's my plan. I think seeing a psychologist will help a lot. So you think I should just cancel my Dr appointment?

8. Dude find some hobbies and stress relievers.

Stop relying on doctors to fix your problems for you

9. Personally, I would. I hate doctors.