Strawberry Haze Grow - Slow Start Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grassguy87, Feb 12, 2008.

1. I have 4 strawberry haze fem plants started right now under 4 large 6500k CFL floodlights (65w each). I have used my small grow area before just fine but with smaller CFL's.

I started this one and at first it was way too hot, about 85*F in there for the seedlings. I managed to get it down to 75*F with the lights on (after a few days) however not before 1 seed bit the dust on me. It was popping out and the little leaf tried to open and then turned brown and dried up. This seed also took a very long time to germ so I am not sure if it had a problem or not.

So now down to 3 plants. 1 of them is sprouted and has maybe 5 very small leaves on it, but it's over a week old now out of the soil but the little thing is still only about 1" tall. Very healthy looking, but growing very slow.

1 other one has just finally pushed through the soil after a week of being in there. 1 leaf set is trying to open however it seems to be stunted, now growing anywhere. I dropped them all in with taproots showing just like every other grow.

My final pot has yet to sprout, and I don't know if it ever will.

I am using MG Organic Soil, which is safe for MJ as I and others have used it before (has very little nuts in it). I am also now using a 20/4 light schedule in order to try to let the area cool down some, however since I can control temps to about 75*F with lights on I may set it back to 24/0

Any ideas on why these are going so slowly? I am afraid all of my plants are never going to grow/die. These seeds weren't cheap.

I am watering with distilled water. Humidity is always around 45% in the box.

HELP!

EDIT - Just confirmed my second death. First death, seed sprouted and sprout died when it came through the dirt. Second death, seed with taproot went into the dirt, a week later no plant so I dug through the dirt just now and found 2 seed halves, empty and dried up brown, but no sign of a plant! :-(

2. I just planted a strawberry haze bean last night actually in some ocean forest ff soil.. i will let you know in a week how they look

3. I think they just grow slowly...I read most people wait 10 weeks til they change the light cycle up.

4. Well I think I found my true problem. I have been waiting for my very last seed to hopefully sprout, and it hasn't been so I dug through the soil AGAIN to find... GUESS WHAT

Little FUCKING WHITE WORMS eating my seedling!

My soil is infected!!!!

I just soaked all 3 pots in food-safe pesticides... :mad:

I hope I can at least save the 2 that have sprouted and have leaves, but they don't look healthy. I would transplant them but they look way to tender I am so afraid the shock would kill them.

5. Ruggggeeedddd grass...my SH bean just popped through the soil a few days ago... it is too early to tell anything yet