Strawberry cough 1st indoor grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by indoor, Jan 23, 2010.

1. I just purchased a 1000w switchable light and a 10" 710? cfm can fan and a c50? carbon filter to put in a 7.5*4.5*6.5 ft room. I have one yet undertimined sex strawberry cough about 2 months old starting pre flowers, she was started under 4 4ft flourescents and put under the 1000w mh yesterday, my concern is that i might burn her she's 3 ft from the light wich is all the way up(econo batwing reflector) and the plants on the floor so i cant increase the distance anymore i think this will be fine i'm just wondering if my concerns are valid.

my plan is to run a 4ft mover down the 7.5 ft length with the fan screwed to the ceiling on one end of the room no actual exhaust but pulling the air through the filter and circulating it back out of the room to the veg room in a cabinet outside the door and back into the room through the back of the cabinet wall wich is against a 7.5 length of wall with the door on the same wall the fan will be above the door screwed to the ceiling, the vent will be on the floor on the opposite side of the room for max circulation im going to put c02 in the flower room and a 400w MH in the vegetative room. I'm using dirt and Humbolt counties bushmaster, purple max, and gravity once i hit flower my question is how many clones should i put in there and how long should i veg them. My estimate is 10-15 clones at 15-30 days veg and 60-70 days of flower. Will the .5g per watt per 30 day rule still apply with that amount of plants or do i need more plants.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated especially if you have experience
    with the strain. I have the 1000w switchable, the 400w MH and the canfan and filter.:smoking:

2. Sounds like it will be good. You can move that 1000watt down, because if it is too high you will get a lot of streching, you want it to have tight and bushy nodes, that will give you more bud sites. You can probably move the light to at least a foot from the top of the plant. Put your hand right above the top of the plant and hold your hand there for about a min, if you can stand it and it doesn't get that hot you can move it closer, I mean as long as the light isn't bleaching or burning your leaves I would keep moving it closer, say maybe like 8 in or so I think is a good distance. Clones I would say take as many as you can, and then that way if some don't make it you didn't cut yourself short of what you wanted.

With the whole .5g per watt per 30 days that is talking everything perfect, nuets, light, temps, I mean everything has to be really close to perfect to get that.
    Hope that helps, I haven't grown the strain but I have smoked it and It will be in a grow in the future for me thats for sure!

3. right now i'm concerned with heat the bible said 4ft from a 1000w=10,000 lumens so right now the bottom branches are aprox 4ft from the light temp was in the 90s yesterday so i routed the 10in fan so it was blowing down the length of the bulb and i opened the door to the room for a minute and it dropped to mid 70s.
    So i'm a might nervous about moving the light lower until i get a mover but when the mover is in there yeah i'm gonna move the light closer however with our one mother topped we don't need a mover.
    Kind Green Buds strain library said 1-2 plants a square foot and that strawberry cough is to branchy for sea of green gardening which from the way our mother looks i agree so i want to put my clones 1 ft apart but leaving a foot wide path down the center of the room so i can get down to my plants. the internodes are pretty close together but i topped her at 24in but i keep bending her branches out so she can get bushier. That was my interest in people with previos expierience with strawberry cough.

4. I moved my fan outside the room and am now sucking all the air out and blowing it through the filter, temp dropped to high 60s low 70s. I think i might have an overkill fan and filter combo. The bible says I need to move all the air in the room once every five minutes by my calculation i'm doing so every 30 seconds, i know better ventilation helps to keep pests and mold at bay but is it possible to overdo it?
    Is the bible as good of a reference as everybody says? I have the most recent version and seems to be an excellent source of info just wondering if there is a better book or one that would supplement the bible well?