Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strategies for toking in a foreign country.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kickpointy, Feb 17, 2012.

1. I'm visiting Australia, Germany, Switzerland and France over the next year or so and I want to smoke in them all a lot. I love traveling and smoking so I want to do both :D but i'm nervous about trying to buy in foreign counties and stuff... I don't know where to look, I don't know how friendly they are with weed, and I just generally don't know how to approach it. Anyone have experience with this?

2. anywhere you go, theres weed.. just needa talk to the right ppl.. ask around

3. If it helps.. Placing i'm going.

Germany: Munich, Freiburg and Stuttgart
    Australia + NZ: Auckland, Sydney and Cairn.
    France: Lyon and Paris
    Switzerland: Zurich

I also don't know the best way to smoke.. Obviously I can't getting my bong or mflb.. Can I bring papers on a plane? Thanks guys.

4. I know that. I'm just nervous about doing that in a foreign country...

5. Australia: Where can I find some weed?
    Germany: Wo kann ich etwas Marihuana finden?
    Switzerland: (Wo kann ich etwas Marihuana finden?)
    (Où peux-je trouver de la marijuana ?)
    (Dove posso trovare una certa marijuana?)
    (Unde-l pot gasi unele oferit?)

You're welcome.

6. You can bring papers on the plane yes! Lol!!!!
    As for the European countries, will you be staying in hostels? If so ask any other people staying there, and I'm sure they'll have a hook up. Otherwise, your best bet is to just talk to young people as you travel.
    Germany, France and Switzerland will be easy for you.
    As for Aus, I've never been, but there will be many backpackers there who also smoke, so I assume that'll be no problem.

Advice: When going from one country to another, make sure you get rid of any baggies, or weed dust from your pockets etc.

7. So what you are saying is when staying in a foreign country, to ask people who are also staying at the hotel (meaning they are visiting (most likely)) and they will have a hookup in a foreign country that they too are visiting?

8. I know how to say yr all the idea just sketches me out though. I well not be in a hostel :(

9. German- sprechen sie english? Yeah. Do you sell marijuana or know anyone who does?
    France- parlez-vous anglais? (50/50 yes/no) Do you sell marijuana or know anyone who does?
    Amsterdam- *walk into coffee shop* Can I buy some northern lights?

I lived in Europe my whole life. Europeans are the nicest people I have ever met. Just dont act like a rude American please..especially dont just go up speaking english have the common courtesy to at least attempt to speak their native language they will tell your american and usually smile and speak english even if you dont ask do you speak english.

10. You know you're not allowed to ask for hookups here, right?

11. He didn't ask for a hookup he's only asking for some pointers on how to approach or get bud in these cities :poke:

I used to live near Stuttgart, I'm going there this year. The best way I find bud in Europe is around 11 or 12 at night around parks or where you see people hanging out, you'll know the crowd. It's worked for me so far, I go to Europe usually every year.

Stay safe, most everyone is nice when they find out your an American tourist but there's always assholes. :smoke:

12. I went to Denmark, and Germany. Just, goto a show one night, usually can find spliffs there, or hash. I paid €30 for like 3 grams of decent brown hash at a punk show in Germany.
    Other then that I cant really help you man, I just went to a show, and took a chance.

13. Basically, yes!

If you travel and stay in hostels, which are full of other young (normally hippy-like) people, someone there will already have the local hook ups. Every hostel I've ever stayed at in each country that I've visited in Europe and Asia has always reaked of weed. In most cases I have got talking to some people from different countries and they ask if I want a smoke.