Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strangest thing scraping resin...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by d0p35m0k3r, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Okay, so just finished scraping my bowl :smoke:

...anyway, I was using a paper clip, per usual, and after I scratch around a little bit I hold the bowl mouth piece down, and pop the head of it with my other hand to knock all of the loose resin out... pretty standard procedure I'd think.

But this time after I had given it a few good whacks, for some reason I decided I'd try slinging it downward to try to get a little more force behind knocking that goo out. So I sling it a few times, seems to be working alright.

...and then I heard a rattle from inside my bowl. I immediately thought "Fuck! I chipped it somewhere while scraping and there is a shard of glass loose in my piece!"

Nope, upon further investigation I find a big ball of resin that won't fit out of any hole! I managed to get a pretty good look at it thru the carb hole and I've never seen anything like this! I must have scraped everything into a corner until it finally formed a big chunk and broke loose when I was shaking the bowl!

...I'm still trying to get it all out

2. Hm epic story about resin. My life is complete

3. Why not use ISO + salt to get rid of that nasty stuff?
    You're not going to smoke it are you?

4. Yup, I'm smoking the shit out of shit. I'm not proud, but at least I'm high.

5. I find nothing wrong with it..

Where in at bud is pricy so if I can get high off my stash twice it's a win for me.

6. Think of your pipe as a bank.. when you smoke resin is deposited in it, and when you get enough you can cash out by smoking it :smoke:

7. #8 BadKittySmiles, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    Iso alcohol, a coffee filter, and a pyrex pie dish... these are your friends :p

If you feel compelled to smoke your pipe residue, the above, handy fellows will help you to reclaim the potency you seek. :)

Soak your pipe (or pipes), completely submerged in the alcohol for as long as you like, or at least 10 - 20 minutes. If you'd like it done faster, after it's soaked for a few minutes just fill the inside of your pipe with the rubbing alcohol and, holding it over a glass container or metal pot, seal the openings with your fingers, and shake. Even without salt, iso will eventually have your pipe clean.

Now take that dirty, black, residue-alcohol, and pour it through your coffee filter. Once that's finished, make sure the now-filtered blend is in an oven safe container, and either place it inside your electric (NOT gas/flame) oven, or over a double boiler, and allow the alcohol to evaporate. Have a window wide open for this process.. it's best completed outside if possible.

If you have a gas oven, do not try to speed up evaporation: just allow it to evaporate slowly in the open air.

Once the alcohol has evaporated, you'll have all that resin you were scraping for. :) You'll have a completely clean pipe, and you'll have saved all your resin, with much less effort on your part.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk3zpXQ7kKI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Edit - DO NOT SMOKE, have any incense, candles, or other open flames present, when you are; cleaning your pipes using Iso & salt; you're performing a reclaim; making Iso hash; or making a high-proof Green or Golden Dragon using actual grain/drinking alcohol. Use common sense, keep your wits about you, and you will be safe. :)

8. Badkittysmiles, that just blew my mind!

I'm trying that very soon... Thanks alot for sharing!

9. Hold the bowl so that the resin ball is over the carb whole and hold a lighter under it until it melts out?