Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strange powder on my bud

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by KingofSpuds, Apr 9, 2017.

1. So I recently bought some flower last Sunday as my birthday is coming up and I was offered a great deal. I couldn't wait long enough to try it and went to smoke some and as I was tearing apart one of the nugs it had some weird almost kief like powder on the leaf. It does not come off unless I apply a ton of pressure and scrape it with my finger nail. Quite a few of the nugs have this stuff on the leaves. I am wondering if it is just a ton of kief that collected onto the leaf or if it is something more sinister. Attached is a picture of one of the nugs ( had the most stuff on the leaf) and a shot of some of the leaf under a microscope at 120x (picture quality is bad cause my hands aren't very steady). I couldn't find anything when googling that looked similar to my potential problem. 20170404_233857.jpg
    IMG_20170407_123338611_HDR.jpg

2. From a grower's perspective. That Is White Powdery Mildew, It irritates your lungs to smoke flowers infected with the fungus. Sorry man

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Darn that's really depressing then was hoping to get wrecked tonight. Is it safe to at least make into edibles? Really not excited about the prospect of throwing out an ounce....
    Thank you for the speedy response!

4. I'm sure you could make into edibles or concentrates. I just wouldn't smoke it. I have a little PM on a few of my bottom leaves on 1 my 4 plants, and I had to chop off all those leaves & throw away. When I harvest in 2-3 weeks, anything on that infected plant with PM on it i'm just gonna throw away. Not worth my health being at risk, I'm not letting it spread to the buds by using Organic fungicide foliar sprays. But even some sugar leaves I threw away, It's the most common disease for marijuana plants

5. I completely agree not worth risking my health just to get high. I did not realize it was so common definitely good to know before I try to get into growing! Thank you very much for being so helpful! Hope your plants turn out well!