Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

strange panic attack last night.... help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Froststep, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Basically, long story short i have fairly severe OCD and have been struggling recently, fining it hard to leave the house as it takes me several hours to take a shower. I have been trying to receive psychology since last december but due to the nature of an overcrowded NHS i have been shafted to the bottom of the list, i am currently doing everything in my power to receive treatment but am getting no luck, quite frankly i am starting to give up, but will keep on trying to get my shit back together. i have to wait 6 moths for therapy when i need it now, anyway.
    However last night i got a phone call from one of my friends asking me to go round to his because he was having a gathering, normally i wouldn't have gone but i picked myself up and went round anyway.
    Despite feeling crappy i actually managed to have a few laughs anyway.
    Towards about 2 a.m. a couple the usual suspects started rolling a couple of joints, im pretty accustomed to this although i haven't smoked any weed, in about 7 months, just because i was to distracted with college.
    anyway i made the decided to have a few tokes anyway, normally i would be fine but for what ever reason i started panicing silently, all of the things that had been bothering me recently started racing through my mind, i left in the end and went home. i couldn't sleep and kept overanalysing everything. eventually i fell asleep.
    Now normally i would have been going on a mad frenzy to rectify all of the rules, routines and mental contaminations i have broken or come across, but instead i was like you know what NO, i cant be bothered, again normally i would have driven myself into fixing them out of guilt, but i cant be ****ed, and you know what i feel pretty good about it.
    I guess my main questions are, is it okay to feel like this? should i fix everything so incase i feel bad about these things later? or should i leave it and try to get on with the day and maybe go out and do something, 
    What if these the obsessions i did not engage with reoccur and am compelled to engage with them, how can i combat this?
    Also i think i should mention, my ocd is NOT gone i just feel better about it( possibly due to the increase of serotonin in my brain) also i feel a bit removed but im sure im just tired.
    Thanks if you can answer
    update: posted this in a psychology forum and got an endless amount of flack of how weed is an evil dangerous drug instead of help, which im kind of frustrated about so i thought id try here instead to try and get some helpful advice.

2. #2 3DSkunk, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    You can only fix things if you perceive it to be broken.
    Accept that you're not perfect.

3. As far as the having an urge to fix things or go through your rituals you made a good step on being able to tell yourself "no". That's a good first step. If you can talk yourself down and calm down and realize you don't HAVE to do it that's great. Me personally since i'm OCD too anytime i can comfortably refuse to do what it tells me i take it as a small victory and use that win to give me the confidence to fight the urges later down the road. Try to not let the guilt or urges force you into doing it. Realize that it's ok if you don't.

4. I've never had OCD( actually usually the opposite haha) but all I can tell you is that life is 1000x when you don't stress over the little things. Yes some of them might come back to bite you in the ass, but we can't spend all our lives trying to prevent the little problems.

The weed probably helped because it relaxed you and often weed just gives you this way of looking at things that bother you in a less stressed out mindset.

Idk about your situation but I would suggest smoking weed again and try to just relax and think about all those little things that are bothering you and how unimportant they really are.