Strange growth during flowering w/ pic

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by stoneygal88, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Hey guys was wondering what anyone thought about this...I noticed new vegetative growth 58 days into flowering. Just switched from using HPS to LEDs for flowering b/c of the cost on electric bills but I was wondering if this is normal for leds or if anyone has had this happen?The new growth is flowering but it is way behind everything else. Not sure if i should remove it or just keep it there..It's on my one of my organic strawberry coughs under an ion 8 led. Apologies for the flash in the pic... Took it while lights were off. Thanks for any input ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419315706.501736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity

2. I'd leave it, but I'm not a pro lol

3. Good question, one of my flowering girls started doing something similarly weird when I repotted her to a larger home.... Carefully.... She started shooting single bladed leafs like trying to reveg, but the buds are definitely continuing to develop.

If anything you might just end up chopping that branch later than the rest of the plant, or just consider it an unfortunate underdevelopment when you do harvest... Otherwise seems OK.

4. Do you have any light leaks in that area?

Also, a watt is a watt....if your panel is drawing 400 watts youre still paying for 400 watts. They only real savings in LED are less heat output and longer bulb lifespan, afaik.

5. Glad you chimed in with that, GiMiK. People don't think about that and I'm sure the LED makers don't exactly advertise it. What you want is the same light intensity/coverage at a lower power draw. Can you get that with LED lights?

6. That's the question I've asked myself countless times while browsing various LED setups....my opinion is no, currently you cannot though I would love to be proven wrong.

7. I've seen some impressive grows online, but never got down to the power equation. Never really studied the LED's either since they are still pretty expensive to me.

8. #8 cmgreenonetwo, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    Yeah but yall are missing the real point of led. Par. Usable light. So no, a watt isn't a watt necessarily. Whoa, repotting a flowering plant or changing the type of light halfway isn't something I would do.

Which PAR are you referencing? Parabolic Aluminized Reflector or Photosynthetic Acquired Response?