Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

stranded in a sea of terible math

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tolor29, Oct 2, 2010.

1. so me and my friend go to buy a half the other night and spend 60 on it. it ends up being 2 grams short but the guy said he would give it to us when we next bought weed. I put in 35 on it and my friend put 25 on it. so we have 12 grams we smoked 4 grams after we got it with a couple friends so then we have 8. we have two solutions on who gets what amount i will post both tell me which is correct.

A. the ratio we paid was 5:7, so 5+7=12 8/12=2/3 so (2/3)(7)=4.6 and (2/3)(5)=3.3 so one person gets 4.6 and the other gets 3.3

B. We paid 60$ and got 12 grams 60/12= 5 so we paid 5$ per gram. The person who paid 35 should have got 7 grams and the person who paid 25 should have got 5 grams.
    They then matched and smoked 2 grams each with friends, so one should have 5 and the other should have 3. Afterwards splitting the free dime theyre getting.

pick A or B explain reasoning please.

2. You know this is a stoner forum, right?
    My jaw dropped, i started to drool, then i passed out.

3. dont be lazy and do your own homework

4. I'd say A so you don't have to take the price cut into effect for buying a half.

edit: i meant "into consideration" not effect lol

5. A. sounds about right

6. or you could be nice and split it 50 50 :D

7. JUust wing it?

8. Holy Hell.... That's crazy. How about you cut out the complicated bullshit and split your shit as even as you can from just winging it.

9. so me and my friend go to buy a half the other night and spend 60 on it. it ends up being 2 grams short but the guy said he would give it to us when we next bought weed. I put in 35 on it and my friend put 25 on it. so we have 12 grams we smoked 4 grams after we got it with a couple friends so then we have 8. we have two solutions on who gets what amount i will post both tell me which is correct.

60/12 =5 7, 5 =12 4 smoked, minus 2 from each 5, 3. thats the right answer.

10. actually if you do B, then you are splitting the amount you gave away in half, 2 grams each. in A, you arent splitting it in half, you are deviding it by the ratio that you paid, so the guy who paid 35 gave away more to his friends then the guy who paid 25, so if you want it to be so that you each gave 2 grams away then B would be the answeer

11. B. because A doesn't add up to the 10 g's you have left.

12. Man wtf is all that math about the weed? I'd smoke the spear with my friend and share it equally.

13. say whaaaaaaat?

14. Of course this is your math homework and you're trying to make us do it for you buy making it interesting :p Smart though, I must admit.

15. #15 Joe Luxon, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
    edit.

16. #16 Joe Luxon, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
    (B) is the 'Fair' answer.

In Solution (A) the only winners are the "friends", and the person the chipped in the smaller amount towards the Half; the person that chipped in more for for the half is being expected to contribute more towards the group session.

Thats not very fair towards the major contributor ;)

The entire problem should be worked out using 14 grams, not 12, becuase your dealer allready said youll get the 2grams your owed. So really you paid $4.3 per gram, not 5, and the total share (before group session) is 8.1 and 5.8. Deducting the 'fair' 2 grams (for the session with your moochy friends)you and your friend should get 6.1 and 3.8

They only had 12 to start with (and 4 was smoked in the session) they way they wrote the problem.