Strains with great taste. :)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Medicatetoday, May 1, 2013.

1. Hello!

Its rare when i smoke a strain with a fruity or sweet taste to it in a joint / bong / pipe ...

Last week i harvested one Kaya 47 (Advanced Seeds) with a really citrusy/lemony type of smell, so GOOD,almost a fresh smell!
    Yesterday i smoked one 0.7 gr joint with my friend ,the taste was just like burned herb, very hot smoke...
    Why is this?
    My Bubblegummer (Female Seeds) was very sweet and tasty,my Blue Mystic (Nirvana) was really fresh,woody,pineapple!...

My question is why some strains just taste like burned herb and others taste so good?

My Buds:
    -Organic medicine
    -They smell very nice
    -Well dried
    So i dont know what is the problem.

Maybe this strains with not a lot of taste when smoked, need to be cured to bring the taste?
    I just cured one time one Bubblelicious (Nirvana) and the taste was very sweet...

So i appreciate some help because i like my buds with an awesome taste!

Ps: Say the name of some strains with great taste and smell in your own experience.

2. Casey Jones. tastes like hash, sweet and thick smoke, and is the best smoke I've ever smoked. curing process can and will definitely affect taste, but is limited by genetics and grow environment as well I believe

3. Thanks man! Great response :)

4. also blueberry mist. got it from Colorado, as opposed to mostly cali medical. all the buds were the size of blueberries. looked like an ounce of trix cereal. lol. smooth smoke and a good head high, as opposed to Casey (total stoned high).

5. DNA - KushBerry very delicious pheno

6. Elvis is pretty citrusy.. If that's a word lol. Super skunk too

7. Purple Urkle, Bubble Gum. Two favorites thus far.

8. Yes, i had one pheno from Bubble Gum (Female Seeds) with fox tails...
    Wow, sweet smell and taste! The more you smoked it the more pronounced was the taste.
    :hello::hello::hello::hello:

9. Yes it is haha
    I have 2 skunks nº1 (Sensi Seeds) right now , one in veg one in flowering :) i hope they can be tasty like that super skunk... :p

10. had a bubblegum plant when I was younger. too bad I had no idea what I was doing. got like 4grams off of it. lol. was delicious though

11. I need to try that one! Just by the name...wow haha.

12. You wont be disappointed, has a tad of that good OG taste, along with that super lick smacking purple taste that usually has no "high" associated with it.

13. Good tasting bud: Orange crush (my fav for flavor). Anything with a fruit name attached to it. Anything with a flower name attached to it. Anything with the word "sweet" or "sugar" in it.

Bad tasing bud: Anything with "sage" in the name. Anything with "cinnamon" in the name. Anything with "pine" in the name.

Check strain reviews on the web for flavors. If it has a an earthy or pine taste to it, it's gonna taste like crap. There is a strain called "dog shit" and a strain called "cat piss". I avoid those strains because i would imagine thats what they taste like.

14. ^^^probably the perfect advice

15. The awnser is..... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a8Q9ouvpXQ"]Terpenes![/ame] And Flavanoids!

Growth Conditions, Nutrition, Light specturm(uvb), Temprature, Harvest Time, Curing And Handling are all conditions that effect your Terpene and Flavanoid concentration.

Terpenes are volitized into the air at room temperature which is why you smell weed Ive heard.

16. Thank you for the help man...
    I use Nuggetry /SeedFinder/Leafly/Weed Smokers Guide... :)
    So the conclusion is:Its all about genetics right?

17. I had 25 grams of the one i will never forget haha all day smoke, no much raciness and no couchlock :) sweet & candy taste to it, the smell was very herby and candy like...
    Now the bubblegummer from Female Seeds is just hermies, a pack of 4 all hermies with no stress no training nothing... :s
    ÃŽ want that pheno again... :confused:

18. Some strains taste good , others taste almost like nothing and i want to know why...
    The problem is not me getting buds with taste because that i can :D

19. Susan answered your question as to why things taste and smell differently.

If you're simply looking for recommendations, I prefer Blueberry over most anything in terms of taste/flavor. Then I'd go for Mango Haze, Super Silver Haze, and Super Lemon Haze in that order.

20. Godbud, querkle, kosher kush, star 47