Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains and potency

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by hoojers, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Been smoking once or twice a week for 18 months. I've loved it every time.

However despite trying different strains, smoking methods, and quantities/frequencies of smoking etc - I've always experienced a pretty standard high.

Is it simply that the weed is poor/average quality? (uk based so illegal and no dispensaries etc).

Everything seems to be a bland hybrid.

Maybe I'm just not smoking enough or inhaling properly, or maybe I'm starting to build up a mild tolerance.

I always smoke joints (no tobacco), sometimes two or three within a few hours.

Recently tried a pipe - similar results.

Any suggestions ladies and gents?...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Environment can make a whole lot of difference when blazing. If you find yourself complacent with your surroundings, that might detract from the overall experience.

As you mentioned though, strain choice can make a hell of a change. From what I understand with UK weed the biggest names are Cheese and Skunk. If you find a legit source for one of those it should be a pleasant ride. Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  3. The biggest difference you'll notice in strain flavours is vapeing. its much less noticeable in a joint or glass.

Back when I used to get my weed from dealers (also uk) I was never impressed with the skunk. The only one I ever really felt was different to other stuff was when we got white widow.

4. If you're only smoking a couple times a week, you shouldn't be building up too much of a tolerance. It's really possible that a lot of the dealers around you all get from the same couple of growers, so you could be getting the same strains over and over again. If you're worried if you're inhaling properly, here's how I do it: I take the hit, hold it in and breathe in oxygen on top of it, hold it for a few seconds and then exhale. Personally, being in an illegal state too, I've never noticed a huge difference between highs of the strains I get. Bong rips always give me an energetic high to start with and put me on my ass an hour or two later

• Like Like x 1
  5. Smoking weed and dabs for me has a ceiling(you can only get so high), It's based off your tolerance mine is shit so it's a bit lower. It has little to do with quality, if you smoked more you would get to the same place.
    Weed is more of an enhancer, so you have to entertain yourself
    If you're looking to trip and see the rollercoaster side of weed try edibles.
    or do a t break.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Exactly how I describe it. A catalyst.
    Haven't tried but that's what my ancestors used to do. They made bread with seeds(including buds sometimes) and cookies(with hash oil) and other edible stuff. I'd like to try an edible made from my own herb soon.

7. Well i hope they were making it right, because it has to be decarbed to even work at all and anything over 375 which is a normal cooking temperature would rapidly remove all the actives.

Seeds don't have any actives but are very high in nutritional content.. more likely what they were used for.

A good edible has me floored, and I've smoked a lot for many years as a medical patient and user so I have a heavy tolerance, I can personally say only edibles can get me to that out there high.
    I made edibles with some of the hash oil i made with flowers and i was too high.

I smoke a gram of dabs a day sometimes all at once I don't get that high.
    They do have to be made right though, so many people I know have ruined their edibles. just gotta follow instructions/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, breads are just 'mainstream'(100% legal and available in almost everywhere) as they don't get you high and just used as a nutrient source and an alternative to wheat one. Some pics with seeds on it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cookies are just for "adults" and those who want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Also there is another cookie which contains the oil and seed powder of the plant which I'm not sure if I can name it here(well, it sounds like Simpson's Seeds :D) and it's only for those who are practicing some stuff for several years and so on. dangerous shit though :D