Strains and leaf mutations

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Islandgrower, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hi all was wondering if anyone knows of a strain which the second set of leaves grows like this . Came from some bagseed bagseed and 3 of the 6 has this mutation. Was wondering if there was a particular strain which exhibits this regularly.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

2. Bagk seeds are usually a hit-or-miss they have definitely have unstable genetics which make them impossible to localized certain characteristics however if it is seen throughout your plants I would just think that it is a part of the plant's genetic makeup

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Same thing I was thinking . But if they have a strain in which it is more prevalent than others . I grew it out before and it is a good smoke. Just wondering the lineage may be that I could have a rough guideline on the genetics .

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've seen african sativa x indica hybrids show the same large center leaf and similar rounded serrations, might be something along those lines.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I know some mutations are strain dependent . That is why I was trying to narrow it down. Thanks for the input.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It just looks weird doesn't it .
    Like it is flipping me the bird haha[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. [​IMG][​IMG]

This is of an incredible bulk from Dr. Krippling only 3 leaves on this girl no hermies

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Personally a mutation is not always a "bad" thing but seed banks tend to be sketchy from time to time. Crop king seed got some jack herrer that were messed up but I kept one mutant

9. Mutants!!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. 3 finger dominant leaves aka DUCK/ chicken foot - little photo period of bag seed I topped and semi mainlined but sent into flower waaaaay to early- even got a random single finger leaf- bud was okay

Attached Files:

11. Look how small- under a foot! Yielded 22 grams dry so not much but fun project!!! Once I topped and put into flower she only made 3 finger fan leaves- bad wings

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1