Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strain vs. Mixing your own

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Grinder12000, Jan 20, 2017.

1. We all know Girl Scout Cookie is OG Kush bred with Durban Poison. And when Girl Scout Cookie is bred again with OG Kush it creates Fortune Cookie.

SO

If a person had two strains, OG Kush and Durban Poison . . could he physically mix the two together to make his own cookies that would better? Or would it be the same?

Of if he had Girl Scout Cookie and mixed in more OG Kush he would have Fortune?

Mr. Curious wants to know!

2. When two cultivars are bred the end result is not the same as just mixing the two. Your mileage may vary.

3. Yes, it's called a salad. I do it all the time. I love mixing strains. It's not the exact same, but mixing sativa and indica in a bowl gives me a hybrid effect.

4. Salads are great but that was not the question. The effects of a salad made of two strains is not the same as the effects of a strain bred from the same two.

5. I agree. Thats why i went back and edited my post. :)

6. That was my question. So it's not the same - and I suppose it can be better OR worse. I know I have 11 different strains and LOVE mixing but I have done that so much I'm now doing "pure bred" just to reacquaint myself.

So it's called a "salad?" LOL love it.

That is why when I make a road trip to the land of plenty I try to make sure I don't get strains that are close to each other. Is there a strain thread? I have so many questions about certain strains.

BTW - smokin since 72 also! When an oz was $15 . . and MIGHT last a week! LOL