Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strain Names are Bullshit

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iThink, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Sorry guys, but most the names your throwing around are complete bullshit. Dealers make up stupid ass names all the time.

The closest thing to a non made up name you will probably get is a good grow that the grower just gave a name too. For example if it is light and super frosty it is likely that he would call it white widow.

I am not saying the weed is not dank, but please stop throwing around so many bullshit names. Unless you buy from a dispensary or from a grower please do us all a favor and don't be so naive.

2. I second that motion, but at the same time I'm completely aware of this when I cop, it's just easier to refer to a particular bud that was just around as the name given. I understand your frustration entirely and at the same time I can sympathize with the "AK-48" supporters roaming the forum this very moment. I think to a degree it's perfectly fine and you have to expect it to occur.

3. Yes you are correct. A lot of people giving out false names to bud and it's not cool at all

But hey i guess it makes them higher you know...Imagine smoking some "super rainbow" Wow gets you sooo high /sarcasm

4. Well usually if you just have a "Dealer" then yes he will do that instead of giving you the real shit, but a lot of people have friends (that are dealers) will hook them up with the real shit.

5. Bro, in most situations those "friend dealers" are just as clueless. It's a long chain of bullshit before you reach the upper deck, where the bullshit first began. Like not that far, but I guarantee the bullshit either begins with the pound dealers or the Kilo boys above him. Most ouncer boys and half zipperonoies have the same thought in mind when handing you "the White Widow" as do you.

6. im pretty sure the grower knows what hes growing, thus he has no reason to call it what it isnt. but your probably be surprised how many people on this board grow/ buy from a grower. grow is a weird word when you think about it..... sounds weird...

7. Trust me man your strains are most likely bullshit unless you are good friends with a grower or buy at a dispensary. If a batch has a genotype giving it some purple coloring it will likely be called purple kush or grandaddy purp or something or the sort.

I also hate when people see a weed pic and are like "d@M homizzz is dat sum kUsh?!?!?!?!" or something to that extent. Kush refers to weed that comes from the Hindu Kush mountains, not the same thing as dank. And when people call good stuff hydro or dro. It is the way its grown, hyrdroponically.

8. #8 Typewritermonky, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    [​IMG]

I get your argument, but a large amount of people on this forum usually have solid connects of dank, and know what their smoking.

Even if the stuff isn't medical, I'm always sure of the names.

Edit: The weird stain on one of the bottles is some cranberry juice I spilled while trying to take the picture :).

9. The only way the grower could know what he is growing is by buying his seeds from an actual company. And even then whose to say it is what it claims to be. Who are you going to complain too is your weed seeds show up and aren't the strain they claimed to be.

A lot of the time people buy seeds off the street and just make up a name for it (if they make up one at all).

Honestly the bigger quantity dealers who i have dealt with didn't even tell me some bullshit name because they aren't fucking around and they know we both know whats up.

10. I like to think of strain names more as nicknames, not as an actual reference to the quality of the bud. Don't trust the name, trust the bud.

11. here in chicago, everyone (at least around me) refers to mids as "dro" and dank as "kush" (sour diesel kush, sour kush, purple kush. you'd be surprised the blatantly bullshit names i come across.

but i digress, i usually just sigh to myself and end up saying dro as well just to make things easier.

12. #12 dan k, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    some people really do know what they are talking about though...

you guys should take a look at my pick ups thread..

im sure a couple of them are made up, but im sure more than 70% are legit.

:bongin: VVVVVVVVVVV :smoking:

13. you just got to go to the right guy instead of the guy that always answers your request with "Yea, I got that."

My dealers are honest with me about what they have. I can go to one for Sour D because thats mainly what he has. I ask for northern lights and he tells me to wait a few days. Most of the time he gets it. but there are times when he tells me he cant.

14. Yeah I know man. And I hate it when people think that "dro" means the same thing as dank. It's short for hydroponics, which still doesn't say much since you could have organically grown cannabis be as good or better than hydroponically grown cannabis.

15. Except for us that have MMJ cards...

16. Very true man We have so many people going around saying they have Green crack and candy jack when i know its fake its decent mids for Humboldt but i know a few growers so im in the good when it comes to true genetics.

17. What if I order seeds and they come in a pack from overseas and the pack says "fruity chronic juice" then I plant them and they grow just like the one in the picture from the ad for the seeds?

18. If you get it from a reputable seed bank, then whatever they label it as, it is.
    Seed Banks - Grasscity.com Forums

19. Delicious seeds ordered from worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com.
    I got some yumbolt 47 too.
    I just wanna be sure they're real. :D

20. I hope you looked at that thead I posted the link to before you ordered. I've never heard of "Yumbolt 47" before