Strain Input Appreciated :)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Shiva Blaster, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Hi GC! I'm about to make a seed order for my next couple of grows and would love opinions on my choices, especially from peeps that have grown any of these before. I grow indoors with a 600w HPS, and I'm looking to step up my genetics for these next couple of rounds despite being quite happy and successful with Nirvana's NL and White Widow on my first go. I am looking for hybrids that are solid yielders, relative ease of growth, and a mix of highs and flavors.

Here's what I have:

Female Seeds - Bubblegummer (heard great things about female seeds)
    Female Seeds - Ice
    Serious Seeds - Warlock
    Next Generation - Dynamite

Any and all comments greatly appreciated :)

2. All in all a nice collection, never done anything from Next Generation so cant really comment but you cant go wrong with either serious or Female seeds.

3. Thanks for the input.....I'm looking to try some strains from some reliable breeders with good reputations. Female seeds has a great rep with very reasonable prices which is why I went with 2 from there.

Have you grown any strains from female or serious? Which ones?

4. :wave: Not grown anything from Next Generation either but I've grown a few strains from Femaleseeds and they rock. I've also grown Warlock a few years ago when it was on freebie, awesome strain IMO rea lnice dank taste and smell :smoke:

5. [quote name='"Wizball"']:wave: Not grown anything from Next Generation either but I've grown a few strains from Femaleseeds and they rock. I've also grown Warlock a few years ago when it was on freebie, awesome strain IMO rea lnice dank taste and smell :smoke:[/quote]

Thanks Wiz! What strains from female seeds did you grow and recommend?

6. Femaleseeds Grapefruit has been my favorite so far, its got a true grapefruit taste.

I've heard very good things about the C99, I tried the C99 Hybrid and I'd run it again for sure.

I also liked their Black Widow but they can get huge with some pheno's IMO.
    Northern Light is awesome if its still around, big yields and nice mellow high.

Heard nothing but great things about Bubblegummer but never tried it, same with the Iced Grapefuit.

Sweet Seeds also have some great femmed strains,they are my two favorite breeders for femms :smoke:

7. Thanks for all the great info! On their site, they admit that the Grapefruit is a little variable in terms of phenotypes, that's the only reason I avoided that one as I've heard others recommend it. I just grew Nirvanas northern lights so decided to opt for something different this time around......I am a little torn on the C99, it sounds fantastic but I have some height restrictions and want to avoid stretchy sativas.

I appreciate all the info, thanks! :)

8. And I'll check out Sweet seeds too!

9. It seems like you are leaning pretty heavily to Indicas, But i have first hand experience of Female Seeds Cinnamon and it is a beautiful strain that is well worth the effort if you fancy a Sativa.

10. [quote name='"DeafGeoff"']It seems like you are leaning pretty heavily to Indicas, But i have first hand experience of Female Seeds Cinnamon and it is a beautiful strain that is well worth the effort if you fancy a Sativa.[/quote]

Thanks for the recommendation :) Bubblegummer is a sativa leaning hybrid, and ice also has some sativa in it......I am planning on setting up a perpetual grow of sorts this time around and prefer to avoid pure sativas due to height on flowering time considerations. I figure with a few sativa/indica hybrids I'm bound to get a sativa heavy phenotype anyhow (this held true on my first grow) to give me a nice variety of highs :)

11. Ice is not that Sativa, it will definitely have the shape of an Indica dominant hybrid.

12. Thanks :) yeah I know it has some white widow sativa in it, but has an indica growth form. Ive read it has sativa-like aspects to the high though which is why I selected it.....I like to keep plants fairly small and harvest every 8-9 weeks which makes indica hybrids (with topping and lst) most suitable for my setup. Thanks for the comments! :)

13. FYI

Warlock = Magnus seeds ( recently sold to Serious Seeds), it was their flagship for over 15 years. may help in your search .