Strain Guide

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by XCrowX, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Let me start off by sayin that this forum is very helpful and popular. Once Overgrow closed down I kind of gave up on forums for awhile until I came across this one. It had a a very active and friendly community. As many people willing to give help as there are asking for it so I decided to join. I've recently suggested a section in the forum for "Strain Talk". Once a couple people pointed it out to me I noticed that the SeedBank section basically doubles as "Strain Talk". While a specific section may help I think I've got an idea of something that will help the GC community much more.
    Although this idea isn't my own, it was very popular with the Over Grow community. And those seeking unbiased reviews of strains have somewhere in specific to turn to, other than breeders reviews. This is just an example of what could be designed to suit the GC community but I think it should really be taken into consideration.

The Overgrow Marijuana Cannabis Strains Guide & Reviews A To Z,

Now keep in mind it's not as pretty looking as it once was because it was pulled from the site once it was shut down. But then again, it's just an example.

2. I definetly think this is an awesome idea....I hope the GC community can keep this going...ive been tryin to look for a post that provided information on strains but none were avaivable on GC until now....This guide can become an invaluble tool to experienced and new growers alike.

The thing that sucks about the Overgrow strain guide is that it doesnt have any up-to-date strains....my example is that im looking for information on:

• Barney's Farm LSD
    • Barney's Farm Violator Kush
    • DNA Genetics Kushberry
    • Reserva Privada Purple Wreck
    but these strains are too new so there is no info on them...Anyone have any experience with these strains...Smoke, taste, difficulty of grow, or any other info.

3. great link dude but they aint got many on there, would be a f*cking long page to list all strains lol be good tho

ps jus noticed its outdated lol still good tho

4. Yeah it's a little old and outdated. I wouldn't really suggest it to be a single page on a forum but more so something like this strainguide Cannabis Strain Guide - Review and Rate Marijuana Strains - MJ Guide.
    That is also based off of the overgrow strainguide. I don't know how they would work that out but I definately think it would be worth the trouble. Like you suggested it would be a lot more practicable in a format similar to that and not on a forum page.