straight tube vs. perc'd tube

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by samiel, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ok, im at a bit of a smoking crossroads you might say... first off let me say before anyone flames me because i havent smoked out of a toro, medicali, or any of these high end perc'd pieces. ive smoked out a texas blown single perc beaker that i bought about 6 months ago. its a great tube and it has served me well. but yesterday i went to the lhs to pick up a nice worked slide for my Roor.de that is supposed to arrive next week, and a new diffy for my beaker, i ended up buying a 250ml Diamonds. straight tube, which worked out perfectly considering the diffy is 18-14 reducing which fits my beaker perfectly. after smoking out of that lil tube last night and today im seriously on the fence about what i personally like better, a straight tube or a simple percd tube. compared to the straight, the beaker has so much drag. i noticed i coughed longer out of the beaker than i did w/ the straight. that could simply be because of the volume size, but a snap is a snap, no matter the size of the tube. im anxious to see the difference between the roor, and the diamond. although the roor is double the volume. there will be more to this thread than a single post. i intend to give a full review of my new collection. i plan on using the exact same inline a/c and slide on all 3 tubes, simply to be fair between all the tubes. i also plan to include pics, and possibly milk vids (if i can get my camera to work). so please stay tuned.

2. Does the beaker have a diffuser too?

3. yes, the beaker and the diamond tube will be using the same diffy. the roor is a 14.5mm joint so i will use the roor diffy w/ the roor.

4. id love to see some pics of these tubes

5. do people really get this picky over smoking weed! just get high its really not that hard.:D