Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Straight Tube vs Beaker Bottom

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SmokeDatGreen, May 20, 2010.

1. Let's do this again.

I'm looking to buy a new bong, just a plain one, no percolators as i already have a double perc weed star..

In my head shop, and online, all i see is beaker bottoms, and the occasional tube, but it seems that most people like straight tubes more, something about the smoke being less stale. So what do you guys think?

2. I had a Toro beaker, and even though it was awesome because Toro pretty much never makes beakers, I had to get rid of it for a straight tube. So, straights over beakers any day. What price range are you looking at?

3. I have 165 cad right now and have about 750 cad worth of growing equipment which i am selling and might cash in soon.

I'm really looking for a 300 or less bong.

4. My first, and only bong is a beaker bottom.

I would guess that the beaker bottom bongs can hold more smoke, but I could be totally wrong.

5. However it usually isn't much more, and when you think about it, the amount of smoke doesn't matter, it's how you much you pack. Want more smoke? Suck some more. You don't need a bigger bong.

6. when i had a beaker bong it was annoying as fuck because of how much water i had to put in it

7. to be frank can you even consider that to be a problem? Bongs weren't ever meant to be mobile really. And it's kind of expected that at home you can spare 500 mL of water haha

why are beakers sold everywhere if everyone likes tubes more?

8. If you're not opposed to used glass, you could probably get a SGW waffle tube for $300 or less and those are IMHO, the best bongs in that price range.

9. My first and only bong is a straight tube roots and i think its an all around great bong. Never owned a beaker before.

10. It is good to have both. Beakers allow you to be more reclined while you smoke, whereas straight tubes are more ideal when they are hit perpindicularly. Straight tubes are easier to clear, but can be easily knocked over if too many additions are put on (various ashcatchers).

Since I like to put hot water in my bongs, and because straight tubes hold significantly less water than straight bongs, I tend to favor the beaker since it is able to hold the heat of the water better.

They both have their cons and pros; most people tend to agree, however, that a good straight tube is a good first investment.

11. I personally like beakers much better, they look pretty cool in my opinion.

12. Well I ended up getting a Straight Hoss tube from my local headshop, i must say, i really like it. The smoke kinda shoots up into your lungs, pretty much no effort required. Smoke is also nice and fluffy like a cloud, doesn't have that cold, dead, taste that beaker smoke often gets.

Both are great though.

13. How much did you pay at the end of the day???