Straight tube vs beaker bottom

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Countystoner2013, Dec 26, 2016.

1. I want to buy a 9 mm bong because I have butter fingers and my buddy has a 9 mm beaker bong it's lasted 5 years but I am wondering what I should get?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Get what you want. It is preference.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Personally I find beakers to be more stable, as they generally hold more water. The wider base with the bigger water volume is less likely to get tipped over.

I have no empirical evidence of this though. It's just my gut feeling.

Also I am biased towards beakers due to personal preference. Wouldn't say no to a Roor liter straight pipe though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RooR straight tubes are timeless. The Model A's of Scientific Glass. I'd recommend anything over 18 inches.

5. Beakers have more weight at the bottom and tend to fall over less. Depends on how careful you are with your current stuff and what you like the looks of more. You'll probably get more filtration from a beaker style but the amount will be negligible and again it falls to aesthetics over function.

6. I own both, but my custom is a straight tube and I love that thing so maybe I'm a little biased on that aspect lol but my daily is a beaker and it's really about the design of the bong. For me, I like having my straight tubes with a couple percs because I like my straight tubes flat on the table which helps with water levels and diffusion and such. I find beakers to be great hand held/couch/travel pieces because the water does better when it's at an angle, creates more bubbles a.k.a diffusion and I just find that a beakers just feels better in the hands. But most people usually think one is cooler than the other, so it's truly about personally in the end. Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 1