Straight bartender + Gay club = $$$$?

Discussion in 'General' started by kms brown, Apr 27, 2011.

1. I dont know where to put this.

Ive been struggling for money, as is everyone else. I'm sick of working a 9-5, 5 days a week. I took a CNA course last month under the influence I would be payed $15 an hour. I just got home from a job interview, they told me $10/hr and with another month of MAP training I would be payed $11. I get payed $10.50 with benefits right now making pizza's and smoking pot.

I was talking with one of my friends and she said that I should start bar tending at gay clubs. At first I laughed, then she told me her friend did it and he made almost $500 a night on the weekends, I stopped laughing.

Bringing the idea up to my girl friend wasn't so easy. She thought it was dumb and wouldnt work. Then I brought up the fact that she wanted to bar tend at a strip club and she started to see what I was saying. Ive brought it up to all of my friends and they think its ingenious and I should really look into it.

The reason I'm posting this is I was wondering if there are any other blades out there who have done this? Do you make good money? Is it worth the money?

I'm not really too concerned with gay guys hitting on me. Every time I go to the club with my girl, gay guys try to pick me up with lines like:

"Do you like doggy style?" or "You would look great inside me."

When ever gay guys get drunk around me they are relentless and cant help themselves so I'm use to it. But I sure wouldn't mind taking their money [​IMG]

2. Shit that money ill do it with you

3. #3 apoundedorifice, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    Damn, seems you got the same thing with gay guys as I seem to with black girls haha.

Every time I see or meet a black girl, she does nothing but flirt etc with me. Kind of annoying since I dont really go for black girls too much lol..

Never really understood what it is about me that makes them love me, but who knows..

4. I've known a few bartenders and they have all made very good money.

Usually, you can't get a good bartending job unless you have experience is bartending or waiting tables but if you find an opening then I'd have to say take it because you will definitely make more than $10 an hour. It will be more like $30+ an hour.

5. shit,ill put on assless chaps and a fuckin cowboy hat and bartend ina gay club for that kinda money, i dont givea fuck

considering i only make 8/hr. working as a cook at buffalo wild wings..

you've just given me a future idea for employment,thank you my friend:hello:

6. its good pay and all, until you turn gay

7. Everybody I have known that has been a bartender at some point has told me it can be great money, they say it's pretty hard work but you make bank. When I turn 21 I plan on trying to find a job as a bartender somewhere.

8. What's a CNA course?

If that's not a bartending course, try looking into that at a community college or elsewhere... I did that in 2009 and got my SmartServe... I haven't done shit with it and forget everything I was taught since my instructor always seemed to be macking on the 40 year old women in my class. But he is adamant that you can get some crazy money.

I say go for it.

9. ya if you can deal with gay dudes hitting on you i say take the money man......i had friends that bounced gay clubs for the same reason, money is money ....

10. did you just watch it's always sunny or something haha

11. Fxd.

Don't turn this into a false dichotomy.

Get that paper, bro.

12. while your at it, give out a fake number to whatever guy asks for your number, extra 5 here, extra 20 there.

id act gay for 4 or 5 hours to make dope money like your talking

13. Damn, seems you got the same thing with black girls as I seem to with supermodels haha.

Every time I see or meet a supermodel, she does nothing but flirt etc with me. Kind of annoying since I don't really go for supermodels too much lol..

Never really understood what it is about me that makes them love me, but who knows..

I'm too fucked up, so don't take this as a dick move.

14. I wouldn't do it. Gay guys always hit on me and make me feel violated. They can be pushy as fuck I'm not even trying to see how they are drunk. But to each their own. Here's an idea, get an education.

Now this is not to say I'm telling you not to do it. But if you were someone I cared about that's what I would blurt out in response to this question....

15. you sure you're not gay bro?

16. Bartending is good money. You can make that 500 in a busy club just as easily as you could in a gay bar. If your comfortable bartending with your shirt off while having to fend off armies of dudes, go for it.

If not, head to a club. You can go the start a year as a porter, then move up to backbar, then front...Or you can take a course at a reputable school that offers assistance in finding a job and move directly to front bar. Have fun man, bartending's a good gig!

17. He's trying to hustle to make good money. I don't see how that makes him gay? He is not doing anything with the men except making them drinks.

18. Your friend is right... idk why but us gay guys always tip the st8 bartender more for some reason even if we dont know they are st8. but its funny i made more in tips at a st8 martini bar than a gay night club. we have a pretty funny society lol.

19. Looking at your avatar im guessing your from Australia?

Me too... South Australia to be exact.
    I know a fella who is a manager at a gay bar..

If you live in S.A and need a job, i can hook you up.