Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BrendanTen, Feb 14, 2014.

1. If I store my weed in a glass jar inside a vent that constantly has warm air flowing through it will the weed rot or anything?

2. As long as your jar is air tight you should be okay

3. Rotting requires moisture.

However, your weed will degrade faster. If its a small amount that you cycle through every week, no issue. If you are planning on storing it for 2+ weeks, probably not the best place.

4. its about 1 oz what is the best storing environment

5. Cold tempertures. Dark places.

6. Store it in a large canning jar.  Large enough that you don't have to bruise your buds.

If you think there is some moisture in there crack the jar every week and let it breathe for a few minutes.  Probably a good idea even if you think there is no moisture as there likely still is some.  Rotate your buds as you would when curing a harvest.

As 1sttimegrower has stated, cool dark places are best.

7. Actually, it's better to keep weed in a airtight jar such as a mason jar, preferably the amber glass ones, because they prevent uv rays. But if you have a clear one, just keep it in a dark area. For me, I keep my bud in a clear mason jar that's in my backpack which is in my closet haha