Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storing weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by IDunnoWhatToUse, Jul 5, 2012.

1. I found this little.. glass jar thing a while ago. I'm pretty new to weed and I'm going to pick up some dank soon. I need a place to store it (still living with the rents and yes I'm 18). The jar I have looks like this; 3/4 L Bormioli Fido Latch Lid Italian glass jars 6 pcs canning cannister storage | eBay

It's pretty small. Maybe 3 inches tall and 2 inches wide. Does this seem like a pretty good place to store the weed? Will it hold in the smell pretty well? I'm not sure how dank the weed is though.. Thanks guys!

2. any airtight container will contain the smell and preserve the weed, so yes, that jar will work just fine

3. I've got one just like that. Works great. I used to use it for bud, then I picked up a few more jars so I just used it for my ABV.

You'll be fine. :smoke:

4. jus make sure its completely dry,,,once decided to store some northern lights in a mason jar(like yours).I rinsed it yet was to lazy to completely dry it.2 weeks later got sick from mold growing in it.:( good way to waste a 8th,,,had to trow it away..trust me..went from bein grreen to white spots everywhere

5. Get a big ass 4-pc grinder.

6. Thief.

7. yo that thread got deleted for some reason..:smoke:

8. That jar you've pictured there should do alright - though remember their seals tend to degrade over time, dry out and crack.

I use a Moccona jar - it's a brand of coffee, do you guys have it there?
    Anyways I've found it to be the best kind've jar for storage and curing, as well as for trapping the smell.
    I use it for herbs and spices too - I've attached a picture so you know what I'm talking about. Not my picture, just one I found image searching.

[​IMG]

The cool thing is, if you're so inclined to store herbs and spices in them too, is that they can be made to look really nice and presentable - you can actually peel the rubber seal off the lid, and fill it up so it represents the type of herb or spice you're storing inside, which is how I tell what jar I'm grabbing.

Not that you'd do that with weed or anything, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.
    So yeah - these IMO are the best for weed storage and they last a lot longer than many of the sealable/mason jars I've encountered.

9. Yeah I use cleaned out glass jam jars to store my weed and they dont smell at all until you open them. Plastic jars/containers work well too... pretty much anything that's airtight.