Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Storage question?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by roady05, Mar 22, 2013.

1. So my buddy can get me cheap oz's of great herb at the moment and i'm planning to buy one in advance and store it till a festival i'm going to this summer around august time, also, before that i'm at my parents house on summer holiday from college so i have to be a bit discrete about where i keep large quantities of bud.

I had a really good hiding place in mind for my weed to get it past festival security (i like to be careful with my shit, even though they never usually search me i think it's stupid to risk losing an oz ) and it would also work as a discrete air tight storage place for being at home over summer too, my question is- is storing weed for about 3 months in an air tight, dark environment okay? I've never stored weed for such a long time but £120 for an oz of really nice dank is toooo good not to snap up for festival weed.

Thanks guys :) Keep on blazin

2. Air tight, dark, low humidity, and a cool temperature are all you need for storage.

3. Just get a glass jar. If it's gonna be a while and you don't want it drying up, pick up a humidpak.

4. Thanks guys- what about the 3 months thing? Should it be okay so long as I store it right?

5. Use a mason jar and don't open it back up until the festival and you'll be golden. A dark place is also a good idea. Just make sure it doesn't grow mold on it. You could get very sick. I smoked some sour diesel with my cousin and a few of his buddies once. We think it was moldy because everyone who hit it got sick.

6. This.

In an airtight jar, kush can last years! :smoking:

7. The "humidipak" that 8ight speaks of is made by Boveda. I just ordered a 10-pack of the 8 gram 62% RH packs a couple days ago (they haven't arrived yet...cost under $13 with shipping). It's recommended to use the 62% RH (rather than something higher) to avoid mold problems.

8. Get a mason jar, they're cheap and they don't allow the smell to escape. Have to answer this question like five times a week.

9. Yeah Im aware that mason jars are the best way of storing Its just the fact that it will be spending 3 months in there, I wanted to make sure it holds the majority of its potency.