Stop it, okay?

Discussion in 'General' started by Outis, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I\'m sick of seeing people post this or variations of this:

\"Man made alcohol
    God made pot
    Who do you trust?\"

Because it\'s simply not true. Fermentation of sugars into ethyl alcohol is a completely natural process. It was not invented by humans. As in, yes, alcohol forms out of, for example, the sugars present in fallen fruits from trees when they sit for a while.

I liken this to propaganda spread against cannabis. It\'s no better. Yeah, I know alcohol is more damaging to your body than cannabis, but seriously.

Cut the shit.

2. man made meth
    nature made pot.

3. It takes human interaction to create alcohol, or at least the kind we drink.

4. Oh let me go pick my bottle of wine of off the grape vine.

Oh wait....

5. No it doesn\'t. It\'s a natural process ...

Buzzard: it would be more like the grapes fell off, sat around exposed to microbes, and fermented while rotting.

6. Really? I would love to know where Miller Light is created in nature...

I agree its a natural process but you cant just go out and eat rotten fruit and get drunk. It taken human interaction to get the alcohol to where we can drink it

7. You don\'t understand what I\'m saying. The fermentation of sugars into ethyl alcohol is present in nature. I didn\'t say a bottle of fucking beer grows on a vine.

If you guys are this dense, it makes me question the intelligence of this entire community.

8. *Refer to edited post*

9. I can pick a bud off a plant and smoke it. I have to process alcohol to drink it. I get that ethyl alcohol is in nature but you can\'t consume it without our interaction

10. That is complete BULLSHIT. Only reason I say so is I am Athiest. I wish bottled of hennessy grew on trees!!!!!!!

Fuckin Thizz face!!!

11. But technically you should dry/cure it first....

12. Hey Outis: Man made alcohol, God made pot, Who do you trust?

13. Yeah, if you find a big pile of rotten, fermented fruit, you could get drunk. Unfortunately, along with ethyl alcohol in fruit comes the extremely toxic methyl alcohol. This is removed through distillation, but if you ate the fruit you would be exposed to it. It metabolizes into formaldehyde in the human body, which is a neurotoxin and causes blindness by destroying the optic nerve.

14. Clearly YOU do not understand whats being said. Wether or not fruit can ferment to create alcohol, it still takes human interaction to make that fermented fruit sugar to something humans can ingest and not get sick.

15. You should but it\'s possible to get stoned off of it without drying it. I can\'t eat rotted grapes and get hammered

16. Do you smoke uncured weed?

The drying and curing process is equivalent to the process by which ethyl alcohol is separated from methyl alcohol (and whatever it\'s fermented in) ... also known as distillation. See my previous post.

17. You can

The drying process is nothing like that.

18. I didn\'t say it was the same process.

You can eat a bunch of rotten grapes and get drunk, assuming they\'ve undergone the fermentation process.

But it\'s better to juice them and separate the ethyl alcohol from that concoction of toxins through distillation.

See where I\'m going with this?

19. Take a look at this

<object width=\"425\" height=\"355\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/ypXJaLQXKQk\"></param><param name=\"wmode\" value=\"transparent\"></param><embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/ypXJaLQXKQk\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"355\"></embed></object>

20. /argument

Thank you, My Fax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.