Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stop holding it in

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hello there!, Mar 8, 2012.

1. 2-3 seconds is what i do

and take a breath before hand

2. [quote name='"Ganja.Bus"']

Hitler liked to kill Jews, didn't make it okay or mean it made sense.

Sorry, I had to go there.[/quote]

You're being ridiculous.. We're talking about smoking a bowl, not running a country.

3. [quote name='"Ganja.Bus"']

Hitler liked to kill Jews, didn't make it okay or mean it made sense.

Sorry, I had to go there.[/quote]

Also, I didn't realize you were the judge of the correct way to smoke.

4. I read all your posts in your avatars voice.

5. [quote name='"84t0y"']

I read all your posts in your avatars voice.[/quote]

I do that all the time man! Hey man, seen any photohuts around?

6. I always hold it for less than 10 seconds then I exhale, when I first started smoking my peers said that if I hold it in much longer that I will get even high but thanks for the clarification, sometimes I ghost hits too like a boss.

7. holding it in always get you higher, and is always better.
    case solved by doctor stoney tony

8. ^hes not a real doctor. He's a dentist.

9. Holding it longer kills the taste

10. True, which is why if I vape, I exhale a little bit after holding my breath and take a deep sharp inhale through my nose, hold it longer, exhale more through mouth then another sharp inhale through nose. Hold vapor longer, while only wasting small amounts, rather than a whole lung full of vapor all at once. :smoke:

11. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

True, which is why if I vape, I exhale a little bit after holding my breath and take a deep sharp inhale through my nose, hold it longer, exhale more through mouth then another sharp inhale through nose. Hold vapor longer, while only wasting small amounts, rather than a whole lung full of vapor all at once. :smoke:[/quote]

Yep! I do this as well. Its fun to "play" with the vapor.

12. Yes! I have often thought of this as playing with the vapor until it just whisps away :hello:

13. What's fun is to take a bong rip, hold it in, take 3 shots, shotgun a beer and belch out your hit. Then you pass out or throw up, your choice. I'm a fan of both.:eek:

14. I always hold it in for about 5 seconds never more then 7 seconds. Anything more than 10 seconds is a waste of a breath because it's not doing much with THC after 5 seconds.

15. I do around 3-4 seconds. I'm pretty sure that like 99% of the THC is gone by then.

16. Yeah it was from your thread haha. Nah it's not significantly destructive, but I guess personally I just don't see the point of intentionally doing any harm to your body, no matter how minimal, for no reason; although I am slightly hypocritical because I do ghost a hit every now and then for old times' sake :smoke: When I was smoking every day and holding my hits in for long periods of time, I coughed up a lot of disturbing black mucus. When I switched to a few seconds of holding it in, the amount of mucus decreased considerably (although there was still some left).

It's not gone, man.. it's being utilized :smoke:

17. Yeah it will make a little difference, but really it's not that big a deal, breath in a total of 2 seconds or so, then exhale. I think you might wanna hold it a second longer if your with a large group blazing a joint and know everybody will get just 2 hits or something, but if you got a bowl between 2 friends there's no reason to hold it in like your swimming, it's just hurting your lungs.

18. Not sure for some of you, I've seen people make threads about dipping after getting high (eww) but I atleast love weed because it's a much healthier non-addictive and actually mind stimulating + body calming choice. So atleast for us who love using weed because we're health conscious we have to remember that's the reason we do it, so if you're going to smoke I suggest getting the cleanest form of smoke you can, I think water filtration feels best and less harsh on my lungs personally. Vapes are definitely the safest form though, hope to get a volcano vape soon :)

19. [quote name='"CKTony"']Bump.[/quote]

..why?