Stop Arguing + Read

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Megacosm, May 20, 2012.

1. I just want to put my .02 into the whole religion vs atheism gangbang that goes on every day in this section. Neither side should be one bit condescending because you're all probably wrong. Unless you're extremely ignorant/stubborn you have to admit neither make any sense.

Atheism- Nothing turned into matter and then boom, you know the rest.

Religion- Nothing turned into God and then w/e you believe happened after that.

Either way, SOMETHING came from NOTHING. We are simply not smart enough to comprehend our beginnings at all right now and people need to stop arguing and just enjoy life. As humans we literally can't wrap our heads around absolutely nothing magically becoming something. Please someone enlighten me if you have an explanation.

2. #2 cball, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012

oh boy are you fucking misrepresenting the shit slinging...with your own brand of shit...

Atheist do not believe in god...that's it..sums it up...the rest of the SCIENCE they leave to experts, not spin-masters trying to sell snake oil (a bible/religion)

Religion says god was there first...not a result of the big bang...and that god does all things, even starves and kills little babies in war zones to teach them fear (not sure how that works really...)

To make a point, you should first make sure you don't have one on your head...

[​IMG]

ps; uh...big bang...the concept is about 'something' exploding and the fragments are the known universe...but hey..you keep tossing that fecal matter like its brain fertilizer there skippy..

3. Religions don't have anything to do with science.. possibly psychology.

4. [quote name='"cball"']

oh boy are you fucking misrepresenting the shit slinging...with your own brand of shit...

Atheist do not believe in god...that's it..sums it up...the rest of the SCIENCE they leave to experts, not spin-masters trying to sell snake oil (a bible/religion)

Religion says god was there first...not a result of the big bang...and that god does all things, even starves and kills little babies in war zones to teach them fear (not sure how that works really...)

To make a point, you should first make sure you don't have one on your head...

ps; uh...big bang...the concept is about 'something' exploding and the fragments are the known universe...but hey..you keep tossing that fecal matter like its brain fertilizer there skippy..[/quote]

You accomplished nothing but looking like an ass with that post. My point still stands. Neither side should push the other to convert because in both scenarios something came from nothing and just the idea of that is too much for us to comprehend.

5. I've said it before in another thread, it depends on how you believe everything came about. Energy/matter cannot be created or destroyed, only change forms. Whether you believe that everything was in a singularity and then expanded, or it goes in cycles of expanding n collapsing, that energy has always been there, just in different forms, and will always be there.

I hate saying that cause then people say "that means its eternal, God is eternal" blah blah blah. The universe isn't God.. I believe in energy and experience.

6. People will argue about "this" until the end of time.
    It is best just to be mature and understand that everyone is going to have a different view on life/religion/how things work.
    There is no point in arguing. In fact, there also isn't a point to try and get people to stop arguing.
    Religion and spirituality is far too controversial for everyone to just go, "Yup. Not everyone believes what I do."
    Kinda the same thing with politics; it's best just to let different parties have their different views and move on with life.
    You can spend forever debating about your views on how everything started. I choose to just live my life and enjoy it, though.
    I'm mature enough to know the debates about "this" will never end. I honestly don't let it bother me.
    It really doesn't matter to me what someone else believes. Whatever floats their boats.
    :)

7. You need todo some research before you post.. theists believe god always existed and was never created in the first place because something without a beginning could never have been created.

8. But when I perceive what I believe to be people throwing themselves down the drain, I can't help but want to be the plug to let them flow out of the sink of their limited perceptions.

You're probably right that people will debate this for eternity, but, what if you're wrong, what if they are on the verge and need that final push to deliverance?

Religion should not cause violence, when it does, it is worthless and must be forgotten, like the mythology of old.

9. [quote name='"dishin reg"']

You need todo some research before you post.. theists believe god always existed and was never created in the first place because something without a beginning could never have been created.[/quote]

Obviously I'm aware of what theists believe, but that doesn't make it any less insane. They believe this magical old man that happens to look like us always existed because he is not bound by our laws of reality. So essentially a consciousness came from nothing. It all comes back around to something coming from nothing. Even if this God could transcend time he had to be created by something else. Unless your reasoning for the existence of an omnipotent deity is "just cuz". All I was trying to say is no one knows and no one EVER will know how or why we exist. So just sit back, agree to disagree, and :smoke:

10. You claim to understand the theists position, then go off spit out something like this lol.

Once again no, you're demonstrating your complete lack of understanding.

This consciousness did not come from nothing, it has always been, it was never created because it never had a beginning.

Uh, why? If it is beyond time then it never had a beginning.. therefore was not created.

You may find your answers after death, so we may one day know.

11. #11 Postal Blowfish, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    If you think the point of it all is to gather followers, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Internet Serious Business Factory.

It did not come from nothing, it's just that nothing went before it. :laughing:

I like how "something can't come from nothing" is supposed to be some kind of common sense, but "nothing known to exist is eternal" is not.

12. You really can't see the logic behind 'something cannot come from nothing'...?

Really think about it and if you still don't understand I'll be happy to try and explain it to you.

I take it you've never heard of the conservation of energy? Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred meaning it has always existed.

13. We atheists as a whole generally dont believe something came from nothing.. What a terribly ignorant comment. And creationists definitely dont believe they came from nothing.. Durr, have you NOT read genesis? thanks for trolling us.

14. These threads make me hate people.

You can't lump together atheists and say that they all believe a specific thing any more than you can lump together theists and say they all believe in one specific thing.

I, for instance, am an atheist that doesn't believe in the Big Bang Theory, but instead believes that what we call "the Universe" was created by me, and I clearly am not a deity.

15. I'm gonna ignore the first half, because you've repeatedly ignored my response to it in the past.

As for this piece, looks like you're arguing against creation. :laughing: This statement bars the creation of everything in existence. I wouldn't want to be the god that couldn't create a paper bag to escape from or even destroy himself after getting bored of his own impotence. Sounds like a real drag.

Is it time for special pleading?

16. Interesting, what do you classify yourself as?

17. Nothing.

18. Not all atheists would go to say as much as you did, you are clearly demonstrating positive forces towards something. Perhaps you have yet to discover a word to align your beliefs.

19. I was high as shit when I wrote this so I'm aware most of my points aren't exactly spectacular. All I'm saying is both sides at some point believe something, whether deity or energy or w/e, existed just cuz. There was nothing that created it, it just was. I just hate seeing atheists "disprove" religion with scientific facts because in the very beginning science cannot explain either side.

Funny that someone mentioned It above, but I also believe I created the universe because if you think about it you create your own life. Had I never existed there would have been no life for me and with that no universe to live in. I also don't believe I'm a deity, I just think everyone is their own god :)

20. Probably because you're the type that tries to argue that nothing is actually something..

And what..? This part made no sense.

How is that arguing against creation? You said nothing known to exist is eternal, yet I told you energy is eternal and now you're trying to saying I'm arguing against myself? Get your arguments straight man..