Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoners myth busters

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by All_Things_Heavy, Mar 10, 2015.

1. I thought it would be a good idea debunking these myths that people are always asking about, I'll start then someone else write a myth and explain why you think it's fact or fiction. I think this will be fun lol

Myth - holding your hit in gets you way more higher

Fiction - the longer you hold your hit in the more damage your giving your lungs and the little rush people feel has to do with poor airflow going through your body, inhale till you get all the smoke then exhale :)

2. #2 BloodBooger, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Great LOOKING weed equals BETTER weed. Bullshit. Some of the dankest, most mind bending scary weed I ever toked looked like a bag of bird feathers without a glimmer of resin. All this Mids, Regs and Loud garbage ONLY relates to weed conforming to arbitrary VISUAL standards pushed by seed company webs shots of perfectly trimmed nugs and now dispensaries fulfilling the anal retentive desires of their demanding customer base for these trimmed, closely cropped beauties. Even the lowest quality reefer produces absolutely gorgeous buds that are INDISTINGUISHABLE from the good stuff. Looks means very little, especially if what you are trying to determine is potency. Ya gotta smoke it to know it.

3. Someone who wears sunglasses all the time must be hiding bloodshot eyes.

4. Stoners are Lazy

That's why I own, and operate my own construction company.

5. #5 PatrickXy6dC, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    It has been proven that marijuana is not a gateway drug as claimed.
    I also don't believe cannabis is laced with other drugs.  It would be too expensive.  Sure there may be an exception.  I've hear of people adding stuff and selling wet weed to up the weight, but have never in many years seen laced weed.  Maybe some of it that appears laced is synthetic.

6. Myth: Smoking weed can lead to schizophrenia later in life.

Fiction: The percentage of Americans with schizophrenia is about 2%, and over the last decade weed has been steadily gaining users. So the amount of Americans who smoke weed has dramatically increased over the past decade, pretty sure it's around 60% now? And with that giant increase, you would have to see a increase in the amount of people with schizophrenia right? 

Nope, the percentage of people with schizophrenia has stayed the exact same for the past ten years, no changes, still a steady 2%. So anyone who tells you that is just spewing some bullshit they heard from some asshole politician.

7. Myth: smoking makes you go crazy.
    7 years later and no Strafe(sp) jacket and no duck in a giant padded room.

-Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

8. Strait* jacket

9. Stupid people only get less weight per transaction, if and only if, they own their own scale to perform their own error proofing.
    Myth: karma doesn't exist

Wait...what? 

I'm so confused. Either your sentence is incomprehensible, or a work of art I have yet to understand.  

11. The logic denotes a dealer vs a dispensary, where donations are the common currency, not greed per gain

12. First of all good topic. But what's up with the people not making sense up in here and trying to be overly deep?

Myth: Smoking weed regularly will make it so you could only have an appetite and eat only when you're high.

This is mostly towards the dramatic newbie smokers and not the non-smokers. I mean really??

Facts: I've smoked good weed everyday super heavily for the past 10 years. Except for random vacations or t-breaks here and there. And I don't experience this it at all. It's fun to eat when you're high yes, but to act like you can't eat without smoking bud is soooo annoying to me. Anyone who has trouble eating sober, grow a pair, go work for 12-15 hours at some shitty job and tell me you don't get hungry. Done.

Sent from this guy

13. I've Been smoking for 7 years far from a newbie, my appetite went to complete shit and just came back now 4 days later. I work a shity job 8 hours around food all night and trust me it didn't help. Just because you don't feel it doesn't mean it isn't true. Not trying to bash you or anything. Cheers

-Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

14. Myth: stoners dont get sarcasm until they get high

15. Myth: Weed makes you stupid.
    Fact: the people who smoke weed who are stupid were already stupid.

16. Myth: playing music for your plants makes them grow better.

Fact: it has no effect whatsoever.

17. You my friend, have no idea what you're talking about. Not only is it factual science that sounds, and certain music, absolutely effects your plants(all plants), but things like mood, feelings, vibrations, and even attitude totally do too. There's tons of research, cool studies and videos on it you should look it up.

Sent from this guy

I've read a lot on the subject and there's plenty of explanations for every experiment. Some of them are so laughably flawed it's amazing that anybody takes them seriously.

My best crops were always harvested on Tuesdays.
    Therefore Tuesday is the best day to harvest.

[​IMG]

19. Putting ice on soil before harvest for extra trich production.

Putting plant in dark for 24-48hours to increase trich production.

Too stoner science techniques before harvest that I don't believe in, what's your thoughts?
    Many others do this without fail every harvest.

Chef.

20. #20 MyNamesAustin, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Marijuana is a gateway drug. This stems from the government gathering hard drug statistics and instead of asking marijuana users if they do any hard drugs, they asked hard drug users if they've ever used marijuana and ran with the "gateway drug" BS when the survey ruled in favor of "yes". It turns out only 4% of marijuana users use hard drugs.