Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoner Slang

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TimeIsIllmatic, Apr 25, 2013.

1. I was just reading some Urban Dictionary definitions, because that sites fuckin' hilarious, anyhow, I came across a lot of words that are almost exclusive to stoners. You know, the words that really only someone that smokes weed would understand. Some good examples would be the sizes we buy in, like "Q/dime/nick/elbow/etc". If you were to say to a straight edge person "lemme get a Q", they wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about.

So what are some other words only us marihuana cigarette smoking dope-fiends would understand?

2. You should already know them.

3. spliff, zip (ounce), J, 4pack (1/4 lb), dub.. the list goes on and on. also varies by region. they call dro in the south "loud", or "strong". where as up north it's just dro

4. Well, according to Richard Dawkins at least, the jargon we use differs from region to region. These are known as "memes". No, not the pictures that every one on here uses entirely too much of haha. Also, I really couldn't think of that many, so I'd like to know a couple more. Probably because, while I do have a lot of friends, almost none of them smoke, so I'm not exposed to a lot of it.

5. Well, I'm not a dope fiend but....snapper, mole, cone are the most esoteric ones I can think of.

6. What's marihuana?

Seriously though, you are on Grasscity and can't even spell Marijuana!

7. He always referred to marijuana as dope...lol its not dope, nowhere near that.

8. I know the stoner slang at my region...It depends on where you live..There are words I never heard of like "Gas" which means weed. I guess they use that term in the south.

9. Does no one on here today have a sense of sarcasm? Seriously, it's like all the cool people left and the douches came out.

I really don't want to have to give a history lecture, but fuck it: Marihuana was the original spelling of marijuana. It was used in the Reefer-Madness era (mid-20th century) to make cannabis sound more foreign (people back then were ignorant and didn't like foreign shit). Wayy before we called it weed, ganj, pot, herb, dank, etc., it was often called reefer or DOPE. The word dope originally meant weed, I know we only use dope to describe heroin now-a-days, but that was a different time, they actually prescribed heroin for medical treatment and marihuana was thought to be like the king of all drugs (ironically, it's the complete opposite now haha!). By marihuana cigarette, I was referring to the old way of saying a "joint" and by dope-fiend, I was referring to the old way of saying "pothead". But like they say, ignorance is bliss!

10. I don't know, I live in the south. Not the deep south, just the south. Anyway, I've never heard weed referred to as gas either, but people around here do say "gassed", which basically means really stoned haha, stupid term in my opinion though.

11. From what I've heard, "gas" refers to sour diesel, because, well, gas...diesel. But I could be way off, I don't know.

12. Only stoners know what matching means, and hot boxing.

13. Gas means Louie where I am, never heard it as weed. This could get very mixed up lol.

Some regulars I use people probably wouldn't get, bag (ounce) shooter (bong) bob (jay) mix (mix of weed and tobacco) sesh (smoking session)

That's all I can think of at the moment, might have to go raid the bag, smash out a mix and fire up the shooter for a sesh.

14. hahha,tru..Where im from people say "Shmack" which refers to being high...

15. #15 Nugagerube, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    Says this guy, been here three months. Also,i got your sarcasm, it just wasnt appreciated. So Sorry if I offended you, now gently remove your tampon and stop trying to regulate the things people can post.

And correct dope did use to mean marijuana. USED TO. Now it means heroin and since we are here in present time, it means heroin, not marijuana. i dont see how you couldnt see that, history buff.

16. I never liked dope anyway, sounds bad. As in dope fiend.

I just call it choof, no way of misinterpreting that.

17. Lol I did. If someone asked me to go smoke some choof with them I'd probably look at them in a bewildered bedazzled fashion and politely say no. Because i wouldnt know if they wanted to smoke some fake weed or crack cocaine.

18. I assume we live in different country's that's why.