stoner photography/art

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by notRoger, Oct 26, 2005.

1. lol no offense but are those just random pics lol

2. hah they just look out of focus.peace

3. yay camels!

4. i think he made it look out of focus so then it'd look trippy when u looked at it. if so those are some good pics man.

5. AKA art. :confused:

6. Thoes photos are in no way artistic.

7. IF the person who made it thinks it's art then it is. It only as to be art to the artist not anyone else.

8. ummm no.

9. Wow! What a bunch of jerks! Of course it's art. Who among us is fit to judge what is and isn't art? I enjoyed your photography. Keep it up and it can only get better.

10. "hey i just splooged on my keyboard, im going to call it art"

bobbert is right, in no way is that art...its an unfocused picture, haha.

edit: bobbert that a new zong and sherlock in ur collection, i dont remember those 2, theyre hella nice

11. excuse me sir who ever you are you have wasted my time.... but anyway to make it art all you have to do is turn it into black and white and then it's like woah .... so artsy........but you wasted my time

12. well i never drew anything stoned, but heres some shit that i drew on acid haha, which is way better, and a weird ass picture i took of myself that turned out lookin weird as hell, like distorted, but i didnt distort it it jus came out that way

welp i cant post the 2 art pictures, cuz there in another thread, but jus look through the thread its only 2 pages, haha oh shit i was on datura when i posted those pics to, the ultimate trip, death trip... but heres the picture

whoa, haha look at those dark shadowy eyes, like lookin into the eyes of satan himself, because i am satan, yall just dont know it yet

edit, n since we're all criticizing dudes pictures, the 2nd one i wouldnt consider art, but the first one is definitely pimpin, so i deem it art

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=43926

Attached Files:

13. ahhh... camels

14. Not to be a dick or anything, but yea I do feel like I can say what is art and what is not when it comes to photography. I am getting my BFA from the University of Washington in photography. I was not going to say anything at first, I was tired and my grumpyness got the best of me. I am just tired of poeple taking a picture out of focus and calling it art.

15. There's no need to insult him.

16. i have to agree with bobbert, im not major are critic, or know alot about art, but i dont consider that art

17. So you have to be a professional to determine what is art? Is that what I'm hearing? He obviously took the time to set up his subject matter in a way that was aesthetically pleasing to him so why is he less of an artist than someone who throws elephant shit on a picture of the virgin mary (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/459846.stm)? I think art, much like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What about cave drawings? Are they not art because they were drawn with crude instruments and lack the techniques found in modern drawings? My point is, that I have seen some pretty rotten pieces of art in my own local art museum but that doesnt make it any less "art", and I don't know that even a BFA gives you the right to say that something isn't art just because you don't like it or think that its amateur.

*edit* This article was on Fark and I thought it worthy to be posted here in light of our discussion. Its fantastic. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17048391^29677,00.html

18. Bobbert, try to be more open-minded man. For a stoner you sure are strung tight. Also, adjusting a photograph so that it's out of focus might be part of the message the artist was trying to get across to you. Finding new ways to express oneself and going against the ordinary is what makes art special. It's unique, and there aren't meant to be guidelines to the way someone expresses their feelings and emotions.