Stoner parents...

Discussion in 'General' started by DjGanja420, Sep 22, 2015.

1. I know a bunch of you are probably young but are there any other stoner parents here? My husband and I are in our 30's and our son just turned 6 months. Just curious what other people's thoughts or opinions are. [​IMG]

2. my parents got me high when i was a little kid

3. That's terrible...my son at the earliest will be allowed when he's 15! And that is pushing it!! That is if he even wants it. I would just rather he get it from me than be robbed or get reggie or otherwise jipped.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mom is a complete stoner. Dad is dgaf about me smoking weed, but occasionally he bursts out random shit like calling me a drug addict. Uncle sleeps on couch and is an alcoholic stoner. Weird family dynamics. I'm too old to be still living at home. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. thc can fuck with normal brain development and the brain isn't usually considered by neurobiologists to be developed until mid twenties. Though it's never REALLY "developed" since it's always changing as it interacts with the world and body. But there have been some serious studies that seem to implicate heavy thc use in adolescents with increased risk of schizophrenia (and anxiety + depression) in later teen years. Don't know how valid theses studies' conclusions are but I certainly wouldn't subject my kids brains to any kind of mind affecting chemicals - including fucking sugar. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. I get where you're coming from but the more preoccupied parents are in preventing their kids from experiencing life, the less life the kids will get to experience. In my experience I had ample opportunities growing up, yet little guidance in making the right choices that would satisfy my urge to be social. Because of such an enforcement on "being the brightest student" my upbringing gave me a sour taste of the world before me and now a skeptic point of view is imprinted on every aspect of the way I see things. Approaching challenges and seeing them as insurmountable are two different aspects of the same situation I face daily, but the adversity my mom brought about by saying that the world is basically "black and white" in the terms of fairness definitely makes the racism argument more bold in my mind. Had I not received such strict preconceived notions of the way the world works before I was given the chance to find out for myself, I wouldn't be so predisposed to have negative thoughts towards the challenges that face me on a daily basis.

7. I'm not a "stoner." I don't smoke heavily every day but I do smoke. I definitely don't want my kids smoking in their teens. Kids should be kids and focus on school and sports and shit.

8. My mom and dad did it when they were younger. They both don't do it now because my dad works a job where he can't and my mom is just totally against weed now. Really wish they both still did would make it a lot easier on me cause I have to hide it from my mom. Dad doesn't really care as long as I'm careful with it.

9. Both my parents smoke it. I started doing it when my old man was growing it. I would cut a little bit off the plant and dry it out haha. Then when he would harvest it, I would just grab a handful. I ended up getting caught a few times, always said "a mate gave it to me". They know I do it, and they don't care. They just didn't like me doing it by myself.

10. My children are 10, 6, & 4. I'm not really sure what you're asking... but, I do keep it private & locked up. I'm not ashamed at all that I'm a daily smoker but its not something I'd want them to know about. I suppose I'll have that talk with them eventually.

11. My wife and I are both in out 30s. My oldest is almost 9 and my youngest is 3. We've always been open about it. When you try to hide it kids think there's something wrong with it out get curious about what you're hiding. My kids know it's for grownups just like alcohol.

12. I'm 44, and my wife (non-smoker) is 37, we have a 17yo son, a 15yo daughter, and a 7yo son, the 2 older ones know, and have for a while.
    Felt i had to tell them, because i knew that D.A.R.E. might try to convince them they are "helping".
    I wish that the Government would understand, if we lie and say that cannabis is as bad as heroin and cocaine, when the children discover that it really isn't, that could lead them to believe that they were lied to about the harder drugs, too.

13. My mom and dad both smoked when they were younger. I've smoked a few bowls with my mom, was pretty awesome tbh and a bonding experience seeing your mom stonded off her ass to where she would have to lay down. I would always bring her a grilled cheese and let her watch YouTube videos on my laptop. Mom doesn't smoke anymore, but I've talked to her about hitting a joint one or two times since she quit drinking. Cheers