Stoner college sports fans?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by HoosierBongGuy, Oct 16, 2010.

1. It's that time of the year again! I love it. A boat load of basketball teams had their annual "Midnight Madness" lastnight. College football is in full swing, and it's finally beginning to feel like fall here in southern Indiana.

So..... who's your team? Why do you root for them? And which team do you hate/despise/not like?

For me, it's obvious it's IU. Indiana University. I grew up hearing my dad yell things like "FUCK YOU Bobby!" (Bobby Knight head coach) so I picked up cussing rather early, but IU just stuck with me. I've gone to such extremes as to freehand-shaving the IU logo in my chest hair and went to a basketball game shirtless when it was snowing out! LOVE College sports. The kids don't get paid... and they play with heart.

Teams I despise: UK is #1 with Calapari's dirty ass as head coach. Then Purdue (Rival).

2. Come on.. it's SATURDAY. I know you guys exist... :poke:

3. The University Of Texas Longhorns!

4. :wave: osu bro here, about to rape wisconsin as hell tonight.

5. i just started getting into college sports, mostly hockey and football. We dont have much of a league for college sports in canada other then the cis. So I follow american schools.

Couple favs
    Florida Gators
    Boise State Broncos
    Nebraska Cornhuskers
    nebraska-omaha mavericks (hockey)

some i dont like
    anybody who is playin any of the above teams, on the days they play.

6. Big Ten representing!!!!!!!

#1 team in the nation... the Bucks are looking legit this year bro.

And how about Nebraska joining the conference in the next year? Holy shit, it's going to be amazzzzzing.

P.S. IU basketball is on the come up. Only team with 2 commits in the 2014 class, and they're both top 10, arguably top 5. Been down... but not out.

7. WE ARE....PENN STATE!

too bad our football team isn't very good this year, but in a year or two we should be back.

8. Hell yeah we're going to the Big 10. Why stay in the Big 12? :smoke:

9. #9 dank nugglets, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
    MIZZOU!!

College GameDay coming to Columbia for homecoming vs Oklahoma.

10. Big 10 is always beaten down but we always rise. It's the midwest way of life! Go Bucks, Hoosiers, Nittany Lions and soon to be Huskers!!

11. Yeah, so how did that work out for you? Because I'm pretty sure I got to storm Camp Randall last night

12. Boise State University!!! I'm a student there!!! I was a hater up until this year. I've lived in the Treasure Valley my whole life, so I can remember back to when they were Division Iaa, in the Big Sky Conference, and they were fucking SHITTY. Then they win the Fiesta Bowl in '07 and all of a sudden, fucking everybody is a BSU fan. Quite annoying, because I'm a Notre Dame fan, and a Baltimore Orioles fan. Both of my teams are dogshit, but I still fly my colors high. Fair weather fans fucking piss me off.

This year I've gained mass respect for BSU though. They tear teams apart, and they've done everything asked of them by the voters, and yet people like Craig James and Mark May (analysts at ESPN) continue to belittle them. They deserve a shot at the National Title. If you're going to dispute this, please present a valid argument.

Yes, strength of schedule should play a small role, but it should not be the determining factor in how good a team really is. Our Athletic Director here at Boise State has had a hell of a hard time scheduling good teams, anyways, because no one wants to play us here in Boise. They all want a two game series at their place, which is supreme bullshit. The AQ conferences do not play fair, and college football and the BCS system has turned into nothing but a machine for profits. This is the only sport in the world in which the best team is decided by people who haven't played in an actual game in 10+ years (A.K.A. the voters).

Oh, and FUCK Cam Newton (QB at Auburn...if you haven't heard what happened, look it up). He's a cheater, and a criminal.

13. This year my school got a little taste of what Boise has been putting up with for Strength of Schedule bullshit. UW-Whitewater is almost unanimously the #1 in D3 football (23/25 votes) yet we get the #2 seed in our bracket because every D3 team is too afraid to schedule us for out of conference and we had to go NAIA. If they get ranked #1, how do they not get the #1 seed in their bracket?

14. UNC 4 life! With a little 'Bama and NCSU on the side! :cool:

Speaking of, NCSU better get that ACC Title!! :hello:

15. i go to virginia tech here man. we should have had you guys the first game :mad:

16. Great school. Great team...that got beat by a better team.

You guys did shoot yourself in the foot by losing to James Madison though. Blame it on ESPN. They asked to move the game up to that Monday so it could be on in prime time, the week before MNF started.

No disrespect. BSU would beat anybody in the country at a neutral site. Which in all fairness, Fed Ex was not a neutral site. What was it...like an hour and a half drive from the campus to the stadium? Whereas a Boise native had to fly clear across the country?

Tyrod Taylor is a beast though. I'll give you that.

17. Roll Tide!

Had a good friend that was from NCSU...so go Wolfpack

and of course GO COUGS (Washington State).

18. I'd like to see a rematch this year, we've been playing pretty beastly as of late. I don't think boise would beat anybody, id still put Oregon up there.

Fed Ex is like 300 miles from Virginia Tech

19. Still thinking Bosie could beat any team on a neutral field? :D